Your Opinion On My Equipment List

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

WC46

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
:confused: This is the list I have for my equipment that I am thinking of purchasing. Any pros and cons?
Sherwood Blizzard regulator
Sherwood standard octopus
Genesis react pro nitrox computer & compass
Sherwood Avid BC
Henderson 5mm Hyper stretch wetsuit

pretty good, but i would try to get better regs than Sherwood. not that they're bad, but they're not top of the line

i'd look for Apeks, Atomics, Scubapro, Zeagle, or Poseidon regs before buying Sherwoods

he will eventually if he doesn't get the best now

it's just my opinion ... he asked for it :wink:

Not that I disagree Andy, but let's define best... the Sherwoods are foolproof, been around for ages, and are easy to keep in good working order. The only negative that I'm aware of is that they are not as easy to breathe at depth as are some of the newer regs... anything else?

i don't think they're good breathers at any depth, that's all... especially in other than "face down" trim

I personaly would tend to stay far away from Poseidon regs. It's not they are bad breating regs they are one of the best for any depth. just hard to find parts/service and kind of picky about how they are cared for.
This is comming from a Poseidon tech.Me.

Cant go to wrong with a sherwood reg just not the easiest to breath from at depth or when task loading.

i think that's true for any reg: only buy regs you can get serviced easily

i've heard that Poseidons are particular too ... but then again, i have a couple of friends who swear by them

I only have one thing to say. . . Don't buy what is in your budget now buy what you want if that means buying one piece at a time then do it. Many new divers have made the mistake of buying up all their gear as soon as they can. I find that buying it one or two pieces at a time allows a person to spend more on certain items thus getting a better more durable piece of equipment that will last longer then a less expensive version. . .

If you want to save some $$, go to several shops, try stuff on and get prices. Ask what the price will be for a package of your design. Offer to pay cash. You should be able to get 30% off. Use the price to negotiate with other shops.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom