Bare C-200 opinions

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

divad

Contributor
Reaction score
What do you like or not-like about them? Thanks

Please take my comment with a grain of salt. I ordered a Bare C-200, but never dove in it.

Both my wife and I originally had the Bare C-200 undergarment to go with our DUI CLX450. Neither one of us fit into our Bare C-200 comfortably. The outer shell made it so that the suit couldn't not stretch - so a snug fit was impossible. It did have stretch panels though. We ended up sending the undergarments back and got the DUI Polartech and love the fit and warmth.

The disadvantage of the DUI Polartech is that the outer shell is not waterproof like the Bare C200. Also the DUI Polartech was considerably more money.

MInh

I have the 100 and 200. I use the 100 more as I can't even feel the difference. I like the 100 because it has the stretch panels and I don't worry about it bunching up. Also the slick material on the out shell helps when getting into it.

Go with the 100 and buy another layer. You will be able to adjust for different temps.

evad:
What do you like or not-like about them? Thanks

I have the CT200 Polar Extreme and I hate it. Drop me a PM and I'll give you a good deal:crafty:

I have yet to get around to buying a new undergarment. As other have mentioned, the range of movement sucks which is rare because Bare's sizing is otherwise spot on. However, I must point out that the insulation is awesome. I've had it down to 38 degrees under my XCD2 and been very comfortable and I'm usually the first to get cold. For me personally, it's actually bad enought that I will endure a little suffering by wearing only my polartech power stretch which is fine for the warmest of mid-summer temps but not much more.

Back
Top Bottom