What do J Chatterton/R Kohler use???

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

love4steel

Registered
Reaction score
I'd love to know which reg,computer,bcd these super-tech divers use! anyone know?

Does it really matter unless you are going to do dives that are as demanding as they do? More relevant to those in the tech diving forums than for recreational divers. OK, so I'm just jealous...

I suspect that they use whatever they get the best "product placement" deal or cheapest "key influencer" price for (within the confines of not having to use outright crap).

Poseidon Xtreme regulators a lot of the time. But they tweak them to their own specs. Their (Poseidon) regulators do like to free-flow but they are very nice. :)

Except that John has a Ouroboros rebreather now and pretty much dives that exclusively. He's pretty big on choosing the right equipment for the right job (comes from his commercial diving background), and when I asked, told me to buy good quality equipment that fits me and my diving the best. He told me not to waste my money buying gear that is designed for diving I don't do (like buying a reg that will work for ice diving when I don't dive in water colder than 72 degrees).

DiveMaven:
Except that John has a Ouroboros rebreather now and pretty much dives that exclusively. He's pretty big on choosing the right equipment for the right job (comes from his commercial diving background), and when I asked, told me to buy good quality equipment that fits me and my diving the best. He told me not to waste my money buying gear that is designed for diving I don't do (like buying a reg that will work for ice diving when I don't dive in water colder than 72 degrees).
I guess I'm old enough to have earned my cynicism.

Thalassamania:
I suspect that they use whatever they get the best "product placement" deal or cheapest "key influencer" price for (within the confines of not having to use outright crap).

Wow took till post 5 to get this :) BTW this was my thoughts. . . what ever they got to use for free. . .

jhbryaniv:
Wow took till post 5 to get this :) BTW this was my thoughts. . . what ever they got to use for free. . .
It's never "what ever." What the industry calls "key influencers" usually enter into deals with manufacturers who produce equipment that they like and would be willing to use anyway, even if they had to buy it at full price. Sometime one piece of gear or another may not be the "absoulte best" but it's always good enough to be quite servicable, it it's not you shift to a different vender.

Back
Top Bottom