Wetsuit for Tahoe

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

FishDiver

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
Is a 7mm wetsuit a reasonable option for Lake Tahoe or is the water just too bloody cold?

I'm not planning on diving to 200' in January or anything. Maybe 100' or less, say June to late October?

The lake is pretty cold year around. However, a 7mm in the Summer should be okay as long as you don't get cold easy. In the Winter time, forget it!

7mm should be fine. around this time last year, i was at breakwater talking to a few guys. they said they just got back from diving in lake tahoe. this was the weekend that it snowed in monterey. they said it was cold, but bearable.

I did some shallow dives there in a 9/7/6 a couple of Novembers ago. Our gear froze when we got out of the water, but it wasn't too bad. Bring some soup. The water was 47 or so, the air was low 30's.

Course, a drysuit will make it all that much better.

Mark

mweitz:
I did some shallow dives there in a 9/7/6 a couple of Novembers ago. Our gear froze when we got out of the water, but it wasn't too bad. Bring some soup. The water was 47 or so, the air was low 30's.

Course, a drysuit will make it all that much better.

Mark

Lol...I remember that Mark. All except for the walk down the stairs to the water it was a good day diving. :)

June may still be chilly for wetsuit. late summer through oct you will be fine. just depends on what your comfort level is. PM me if you know your going to be up. Sierra dive center in Reno hosts a monthly fun dive at various places in the area. check there website

Ed

Diving Tahoe..? Sounds interesting - the vis must be outsdtanding.

Dave

THe viz is fantastic. Spring runoff may affect it depending on where you diving.

Ahem, I seem to remember a CERTAIN SOMEONE whining after the dive about the surface swim. :D

:rofl3:

I still give Janeane props for hauling her doubles a block downhill and down those stairs and across the beach.

Mark

boomx5:
Lol...I remember that Mark. All except for the walk down the stairs to the water it was a good day diving. :)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom