Found Hendersen Hyperstretch On Ebay?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

WC46

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Saw Henderson Hyperstretch on ebay for around $169.00 Anyone have any experiences with this? The guy appears to be a dealer and all suits are new.

WC46:
Saw Henderson Hyperstretch on ebay for around $169.00 Anyone have any experiences with this? The guy appears to be a dealer and all suits are new.

Which suit and thickness was he offering for this price?

Phil Ellis

WC46:

It might help if you posted the URL of the suit that you asking about. Or at least some more information

Otherwise, it's a kinda pointles post.

EDIT: Found your wetsuit on Ebay.
$169 for Henderson Hyperstretch 5mm.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=160079770812

That's a darn good deal on that suit. Way below MAP, which is about $322 on that suit.

Looks like they are being sold by
http://www.diveright.net which appears to be in Seattle (by their phone number), (their domain registration information used a registration service and doesn't list their address and their web server done by a web provider in Kentucky. but this is normal for the e-commerce business).

If you go to Hendersons website though, there is not an authorized dealer listed by that Name or that Phone number within 100 miles of the Seattle area.
http://www.hendersonusa.com/dealers_new.php?premier=1&zip=98109&distance=100

Of course is could be one of those dealers also selling on the sly under an alias name to sell under MSRP or MAP.

So chances are that it's not an Authorized dealer but just someone selling 'grey market goods'.

So the risk is simple (lack of warranty) and the price is great.
You just need to weigh the price verses the risk.

If you ever need dealer support or warranty, you're unlikely to get it.

I paid $289 at my LDS for my 3 mm Henderson Hyperstretch. I'd say that regardless of the thickness... it's a good price.

At that price for a new one, I'd wonder if the seller is fencing stolen goods....

One more thing... looking the sellers items, they all have a reserve price set. The 3mm for sale had to bid from $165 to $199 to get above the reserve price.

So I'm betting that this 5mm will have a reserve price of over $200.

BigTuna, I don't know that they are stolen, but it's definately shady since he doesn't appear to be a 'real dealer'.

If you look at the feedback page, you can check the recent auctions. People seem pretty happy with the product and service. The final cost seems to be $240-250 for 5mm - 7mm suits, and around $200 for 3mm suits, plus S/H of about $15.

A friend found this outlet on Ebay and told me about them so i took a chance and bought my 5mm from him. I don't remember if there was a reserve price at the time (about a year ago) but i believe i paid $215-220 after shipping.

It came in Henderson packaging and all the tags were still on and looked authentic, so unless they can replicate everything they should be genuine. As to where they get them from and why they can sell them at that price, i've no idea.

For what it's worth, i prefer my Bare Progressive Stretch to my Henderson Hyperstretch.

Make sure that it isn't an outlet suit (some irregular).

Some suits come with an erased logos, no tags, or etc........

Been there done that!!!

In addition, take a thickness one up level.

Hyperstretch is likely to be less warm than an equivalent thickness in other neoprene suits.

For example, 7mm Hyperstretch = 5mm Gold Core.

Good deal...I usually pay around 265.00

Henderson's are great, the warranty is worthless. I had one where they missed part of the seam with the thread...they would only stitch it if I sent it to New Jersey. I have heard retail people bemoan the customer service of Henderson.

Don't let the warranty factor in. Delux wetsuits though.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom