monterey lodging?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

jon m

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
where do you stay on a dive weekend? all we need is a bed,shower and toilet... thanks!!!

The Lone Oak Lodge is probably the most commonly used hotel. It is fairly cheap, caters to divers, and has a rinse tank for gear.

www.loneoaklodge.com

Another possibility is the Monterey Travel Lodge, also fairly cheap.

I second the recommendation for Lone Oak. Fairly cheap, fairly clean and well set up for diving.

When I'm looking for a little more luxury, I'll put a bid in on priceline. I am often successful in getting a room at the Hyatt for $70/night, which can be cheaper than the Lone Oak. It's not as convenient for rinsing gear and frankly is not that nice of a Hyatt, but they do have extremely comfortable beds and a bar with 10-12 different kinds of Sierra Nevada on tap.

You might also want to look at the Motel6 in Marina if you're just looking for a bed. Not a great place, but their rates are usually low if there's nothing going on at that time.

Travel Lodge on Freemont isn't bad... ask for their diver discount... 69 or 59 I can't remember.

Keep working your way toward Marina and Seaside... the motels get cheaper as you get further away from Monterey.

Travelodge on Freemont now has one less building (party fire from what I heard). I have stayed there 4 times. Only one time did I get to sleep through the nite lol. Does have nice facilities for the diver, sink and two showers and divers rate.

Also in case you have noticed the rental RVs in the parking lot where you learned as a student (san carlos beach I think). IT IS NOT CHEAPER BY A LONGSHOT THEN A HOTEL. Omg you pay.

Will have to try lone oak lodge, one of the divers in my sons AOW class stayed at a hotel within site of the beach and he paid $120.00 per night, he said it was older hotel but very comfortable and obviously really close sorry dont have name, next time I go next weekend or so I will post it.

We liked the Lone Oak when we were there in October. Rates varied wildly with the day of the week -- I think we paid $57 or something for Thursday night, about $100 for Friday, and $120 or something for Saturday night. Great rinse station for gear and suits, with places to hang everything there and in front of your room. And there's a really good continental restaurant about two blocks down the road (Was it called Rosie's?) The motel is nothing fancy, but it was clean and quiet and diver-friendly, and conveniently located just a few blocks uphill from Aquarius Dive Shop, which opens early in the morning.

Monterey travel lodge has nice room's nice resturant, and a nice bar, all of the diver's facilities and a pool !!

diver's rate is $65 for two queen beds , or $55 a night for one queen bed, the fire damage (mentioned in a differant post) is fixed it was an electrical fire, your best bet is to call during the week and book your room through Erica, she is a good friend of mine and you can tell her I sent you!!!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom