Great tool to track and motivate weight loss

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

erparamedic

Vampire Girl......er Dork
Reaction score
Hi, everyone...

I found this "weight loss thermometer" graphic on the web, and I think it's an AWESOME way to keep track of your progress. Just print it out, and label it as the directions say (which is individual to each person... so that's nice!). As you lose weight, you color in the little bars. It breaks down your weight loss into very attainable "tiny" goals. As you color in each bar, you can see just how well you're doing, and "watch" your goal get closer! You'll go from "Frozen" (your starting weight) to "Scorchin'" when you're at/near goal.

Here's the link: http://www.dwlz.com/thermometer2.html

I've printed one out and labelled it. I used my highest weight, which was 9 months ago (a whopping 303!). I set my goal at 179. According to the thermometer... I'm in the "cold" region... BUT I can see that I've already lost 22% of what I want to lose! It's a great visual! It's a motivation to me when I look at it and see that almost 25% of my thermometer is colored in!

To date, I have a hard time looking in the mirror and "seeing" my weight loss, so this kinda helps me to "visualize" where I came from, and where I'm going.

I just thought I'd share it with you all. Have fun with it!

Here's the graphic...

Attachments

• thermometer.jpg
    thermometer.jpg
    29.4 KB · Views: 179
https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom