Drysuit pockets...where to mount?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

mikerault

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I have purchased 2 drysuit bellows thigh pockets. When checking where to put them, they felt the best/easiest to access on the front rather than the side, is there any preference or reason for either front or side mount? Any safety reasons not to do a front mount?

Mike

mikerault:
I have purchased 2 drysuit bellows thigh pockets. When checking where to put them, they felt the best/easiest to access on the front rather than the side, is there any preference or reason for either front or side mount? Any safety reasons not to do a front mount?

Mike
They will catch on things (e.g line). Only reason I can think of (besides streamlining but I think that would be insignificant considering all the other garbage we wear diving).

I have mine side mounted and have no problem getting to them.

Ok, side it is. Now, McNett Neoprene cement or Aquaseal? I would prefer UR1087 but where the heck can you get it? This is for a Bare NexGen Pro mounting a neoprene backed pocket.

Mike

Problem ive found with front pockets are the things have a habit of getting crushed or in the way trying to drag yourself back onto a boat. Although i do find them easier to access than side pockets.

mikerault:
Ok, side it is. Now, McNett Neoprene cement or Aquaseal? I would prefer UR1087 but where the heck can you get it? This is for a Bare NexGen Pro mounting a neoprene backed pocket.

Mike
I bought and had my pockets installed by Steve Gamble while I was in FL. He replaced all my seals and added pockets for $150 (as I recall - I think the pockets with installation was $60 although he gave me a discount since I had the seals done). Thought about doing it myself but I didn't want to screw it up and have them peel off on me. I highly recommend him (I think everyone does).

http://www.gamblescuba.com/

The pockets were a DUI bellows and a DUI flat neoprene pocket.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom