Options for Aeris Atmos XT BCD?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

jimbo2006

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
How would I find the "optional crotch strap" that is available for this BCD. Even the diveaeris site didn't seem to show these accessories (it seemed to offer few accessories at all). The BCD also will support two tanks but I couldn't tell what was needed to accomplish this. I'm not sure I "need" any of these features but liked the flexibility this BCD seemed to offer. Since the XT is being replaced by the LX model I also wasn't sure if these options would get even harder to find as time goes by. Suggestions and/or part numbers I can save if I decide these options are important? Thanks!

Hi Jimbo... ok, so the Atmos XT is not a BCD that will accompany doubles. Also, there is no option for a crotch strapt for the Atmos XT. Hope this helps...

The cumberbund on the BCD has a printed label with a picture showing "max" of a single 20L tank -or- 2x 15L tanks. The stock molded plastic tank cradle with the existing tank strap clearly is intended for a single tank but appears to be removeable - which I assume might accomodate some sort of dual tank band(s) bolted to the same connection points.

I also found several web sites that listed an optional crotch strap but without contacting those folks I didn't know if this was an Aeris product or something generic that could be adapted to the Aeris BCD.

I'd hoped the Aeris rep might jump in on answering this but if these modifications aren't stock Aeris options then it might be outside their scope.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom