Great Day of Diving at McAbee!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

kf6alc

Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
Just wanted to report an awesome day of diving at McAbee Beach in Monterey today (2-4-07)! My buddy Cam and I dove our first time at this site today, and it was a fabulous day to be there! The weather was warm, seas were perfect, viz was at least 25'+, (I'm a terrible judge of distances, but the best I've ever seen in Monterey), and this site may be our new favorite in the area (granted, we have only dove a few sites), but the features there were great, a wonderful variety of sand patches and rock formations, old cannery pipes, mooring blocks and big chains, lots of life, Sea Lions, my first Wolf's Head Eel, the perfect amount of kelp forest, just all around exactly what Monterey Diving is supposed to be. My skills are getting honed a bit, felt totally comfortable, and my new Bio Fin Pros were better than I hoped. Ending it all with a succulent meal at the Fish Hopper, it was possibly my favorite diving day ever in Monterey.

Thats about right, I was on the Beach Hopper 2 on Saturday and Sunday and that was the best diving day I had especially first time using nitrox and also now an advance open water diver. :)

i wish i wasnt broke. otherwise i wouldve drove down today or yesterday. my dive club was diving n monastery today.

Roy I finally know who you are. I was in the red fox hat unloading tanks onto the Silver Prince both days in the morning at the dock. Girl with braids was me. You were so excited to be doing Nitrox. Congrats on the certs!

That was me in my silly mode there :). I was so hyped up about nitrox I drove everybody on board the Beach hopper 2 crazy. Hopefully I can get back on Monterey Express or Silver Prince but now with nitrox and as an advance OW diver.

Well, congratulations Roy, that is awesome! I still have yet to get Nitrox cert... It was a perfect day for your new classifications!

Sorry you couldn't make it, Jorbar, hopefully the conditions will remain for a while.

I hope so too. im going to san diego for a wreck class the 2nd, 3rd and 4th of march. i cant wait.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom