Inexpensive mesh gear bag?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

SkiDiver

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
So I've outgrown the small mesh gear bag that I got at Kmart or Sports Authority years ago. It won't hold my fins, not to mention BP/W, regs., etc.

The diving-specific mesh bags seem a bit expensive. Any recommendations for a mesh bag to carry onto the boat (and that can fit easily into a suitcase for travel) that won't cost an arm and a leg?

make one. or go to a boating store and get one that's made as a chum bag and then attach handles.

I use a Campmore. If it is the same one I got 6 years ago, it’s perfect for travel being much smaller (space) and lighter than the larger Dive specific one I use for local diving. A bit of a cram but could get all my gear in and zip, usually didn’t bother.

Armor has a couple of great ones.

Walmart laundry bag, mesh, shoulder strap, $4.00 Big enough for all my gear while on the boat.

I got one on my first diving vacation from the shop they had there. Probably overpriced but it does the job - grrrrrrrrrreat. The only modification I did to it was to slice off their logo - if people want to advertise they need to negotiate rates for this walking billboard. :D

redrover:
I use a Campmore. If it is the same one I got 6 years ago, it’s perfect for travel being much smaller (space) and lighter than the larger Dive specific one I use for local diving. A bit of a cram but could get all my gear in and zip, usually didn’t bother.
Thanks, rover. That's a pretty good sized bag, bigger than most diving-specific ones I've seen on the 'net. Is the quality decent? Good zipper? That's the kind of price range I'm looking at (it would run about $22 with a shoulder strap).

You want to hold and entire set of of scuba gear in a mesh bag? What price are you looking for? Are you wanting something non coated, like a walmart laundry bag or a rubber coated durable bag? Backpack straps, wheels? If you want let me know what you are looking for and I will look through some catalogs and see what I can find.

Brent

Back
Top Bottom