Seward in July

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

The diving out of Seward in July is quite good. One or two charter boats. Some folks take water taxis and do beach dives off the island. Can't say about the beach diving at Seward, I have not done it, prefer whittier as it is closer, but kind of green sometimes during the summer. By the way, there are no dive shops in Seward that I am aware of, so you will have to make your arrangements with shops in anchorage. Try last Frontier Diving or Dive Alaska in Anchorage. Both have many summer charters out of Seward.

covediver:
The diving out of Seward in July is quite good. One or two charter boats. Some folks take water taxis and do beach dives off the island. Can't say about the beach diving at Seward, I have not done it, prefer whittier as it is closer, but kind of green sometimes during the summer. By the way, there are no dive shops in Seward that I am aware of, so you will have to make your arrangements with shops in anchorage. Try last Frontier Diving or Dive Alaska in Anchorage. Both have many summer charters out of Seward.

Thank you for the information. I guess I will take my gear with me then

Summer diving in Resurrection bay can be excellent, with good vis and lots of life. But to get there, you need to boat a ways out of town, at least as far as Fox Island and beyond. The silty glacial run-off close to the town of Seward pretty much precludes shore diving during summer months.

Go ahead and check with the two shops mentioned previously, and get an idea of pricing, scheduling, and available gear rental (they both have quality equipment). You didn't say whether you are drysuit certified; if not, better get that training before your Alaska visit. Expect water temps in July of between 46-54 F.

Have a great trip!

~Steve
www.LostShipwrecks.com

I plan on bringing my drysuit with me.

Here is a link to Dive Alaska web site http://www.divealaska.net/. If you plan to do a boat dive in July, you should plan ahead and reserve a spot early because space is limited. There is some really great diving up here that time of the year. The weekend of the 4th of July in Seward is really packed with people so rooms are in short supply also. let me know if you need any more info.

Back
Top Bottom