neoprene sock?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Jorbar1551

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
I just recieved my pair of spora sub fins. when i ordered them, they told me camo, but when i recieved them, they were a bright green. anyway, im only going in the cold water, and was wondering what you guys use for a neoprene sock? i know a bootie wont fit in there, but a 3mm neoprene sock might be to thin. anyone know of something that i should try out or buy?

Jorbar1551:
I just recieved my pair of spora sub fins. when i ordered them, they told me camo, but when i recieved them, they were a bright green. anyway, im only going in the cold water, and was wondering what you guys use for a neoprene sock? i know a bootie wont fit in there, but a 3mm neoprene sock might be to thin. anyone know of something that i should try out or buy?

Otter Bay Wetsuits sells custom booties that look like socks, but they are on the expensive side. There was also someone advertising socks in the hot deals section some time ago.

You can check out a kayaking shop too we sell neo socks.

Look at nrsweb.com

one size over fins for me and 3 - 5 mil socks seem to work no matter what. Sometimes I'll add fin keepers if I'm going where the socks get compressed a lot. I've made fin keepers out of an old small trailer innertube cut into a Y... yeah, yeah, I'm cheap.

Akona also makes a 2mm glued an stitched high top sock.
I use both the short vented socks and this one, sometimes together.
http://www.akona.com/category.php?cat_id=32
They've got great gloves too!

Chad

I use a pair of 5 mm Deep Thought "Shooter's booties" (socks). You usually need to buy the fins one size larger than your normal shoe size to comfortably fit the thicker socks.

Ralph

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom