Yet another to add to my list of "Uncle Pug said this...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Mo2vation

Relocated to South Florida....
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
# of dives
I just don't log dives
... and I said, 'Whatever' "

This list grows for me. As time goes on, I add more to the list.

Ken: UP, I love integrated weights. I'm rolling with the ACB.
UP: Ken, ditch the ACB and get a real weight belt.
Time Passes - UP was right, and I'm wearing a weight belt

Ken: UP, I'm kinda loving my 50/50
UP: Ken, You really should look into a TriLam suit.
Time Passes - UP was right. I moved to a TLS 2 years ago and its remarkable.

Ken: UP, who on earth would spend $900 on a flashlight?
UP: Ken, a Can Light is a safety device that will change the way you dive.
Time Passes: I have 2 can lights - one for me and one for whoever I buddy up with.

Ken: UP, what's with the blue gloves? C'mon, man. Its summer.
UP: Ken, Dry gloves make warm feet. Warm feet is a more comfy dive.
Time Passes: I'm wearing dry gloves year-round in SoCal. So are most of my buddies now.

There are many more. I'm too embarassed to write them all in. UP is right. I need a bumper sticker with that on it.

The latest is a Neoprene Neck Seal. I just started diving a CF200, and I had a neoprene neck seal put on it. WOW. I'm really loving this seal. Its comfy, its soft, its durable, its warm, it doesn't leak, its easy to get off (a little harder to put on) and I'm just really into it. After years of diving Latex neck seals, I'll never go back again.

Unreal

UP IS RIGHT

I miss you, man.

---
Ken

Mo2vation:
<snip>

There are many more. I'm too embarassed to write them all in. <snip>
Well get over that embarrassment and start typing! :wink: I'm sure there are other newbies such as myself who happily soak this stuff up like a sponge. Any tried and true tips are always most appreciated! :)

Yea, where is UP. I used to love his posts when I first started here. Did he leave the boards or something?

J:

JKSteger:
Yea, where is UP. I used to love his posts when I first started here. Did he leave the boards or something?

J:

yes.

---
Ken

When I first joined SB, I ran into a couple of UP posts. As a result, I searched for every thread the man had started, and I think I read almost all of them. I learned a TON by doing so.

Darn OE2X for introducing him to kayaking, anyway . . .

I miss UP! Last week, I realized that I hadn't read anything from him in sometime.

Mo2vation:
Ken: UP, what's with the blue gloves? C'mon, man. Its summer.
UP: Ken, Dry gloves make warm feet. Warm feet is a more comfy dive.
Time Passes: I'm wearing dry gloves year-round in SoCal. So are most of my buddies now.
I'm not seeing how dry gloves = warm feet. Warm hands I can see...but warm feet?? :confused: :confused:

I agree UP is one those posters that I allways learned from. Why did he leave the board? Surely he did'nt quit diving! :11:

He's not diving anywhere near as much as he used to. OE2X introduced him to kayaking, and he's doing more of that. I keep TRYING to get a chance to dive with him . . .

What UP was trying to say with the "warm hands = warm feet" is that one of the major reasons your hands and feet get cold is vasoconstriction, which occurs in the skin and extremities when the body perceives core temperature falling. Therefore, if you can stop a significant heat loss, you conserve core temperature, and avoid vasoconstriction and therefore cold hands and cold feet.

Hi Ken.
Don't want to hijack the UP is Always Right aim of your post, but I'm curious to hear about your comparison of the 50/50 v. the TLS v. the CF200 vis-a-vis CA diving. What did you like better about each, and why have you now switched back to crushed neoprene, if the trilam was really great?

I'm just really struggling with this decision. Each material seems great in its own way and I can't figure out which one is more important to me and the way I dive! (I'm a wimpy girl who hates carrying heavy wet neoprene from the boat to the car and hanging it up to dry. I'm also fairly rough on my equipment and end up doing some rock wrestling in barren surgy areas, and may do some rocky shore diving some day, so durability seems important. Comfort is also paramount too!)

Any insight you could provide based on your experiences in socal with these suits would be so helpful, I would even put an Uncle Pug is Right sticker on MY car! :)

Thanks!
Susan

Back
Top Bottom