Beware of Treasure Island Divers

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

rcoxhorns

Reaction score
On recent trip to GC, TI lost my dive gear and would not replace it. Not an honest dive operation in my opinion. They did however take my money in full for diving there.

Went diving there for several days in July.
They keep your dive gear at their shop and on last day they told me my gear was stolen. Said they would get me new gear or money. Put me off for 3 months saying waiting on insurance company. Insurance company said was not covered and TI said they would not do anything. So, just kiss my dive gear goodbye. There were several other divers that lost their gear too.

Your own home owners or renters insurance will cover this.
I just lost $5,000.000 worth of gear and after jumping through the hopops of my home owners insurance, they say they will cover it....haven't got the check yet but did get confirmation of coverage

rcoxhorns once bubbled...
On recent trip to GC, TI lost my dive gear and would not replace it. Not an honest dive operation in my opinion. They did however take my money in full for diving there.

rcoxhorns,

I am unfamiliar with GC? Can you tell us where Treasure Island Divers operates out of? I agree that your homeowners insurance should cover at least some of your loss. If your gear is stolen out of your car, they cover that. Please let us know what you find out.

:bunny: Heather :bunny:

.... on the beach in the Seven Mile Beach area, on West Bay Road between the Grandview & Georgetown Villas.

Best regards.

DocVikingo

KC_Scubabunny once bubbled...

rcoxhorns,

I agree that your homeowners insurance should cover at least some of your loss. If your gear is stolen out of your car, they cover that.

:bunny: Heather :bunny:

Hi, RCOXHORNS!

In today's wonderful world, one has to be careful about excercising reasonable rights! You may, indeed, be reimbursed via your HOI policy AFTER they depreciate your gear, etc. However, in the current era, insurance companies tend to "punish" those who file claims on HOI policies: thus, you may find that, as a result of your claim, your insurance is cancelled or your premium raised to a prohibitively high level. This type of response is increasingly common in many areas.

I cannot tell you how to discover if that is the prevailing policy in your area, but your local newspaper might know???

Scorpionfish

Oh this is scary. I really feel for you. I've never left my gear in a dive shop before but if that happened to me I don't know what I'd do. Actually, my gear isn't even marked. How do you guys mark your gear so you can identify it?

jiveturkey once bubbled...
Oh this is scary. I really feel for you. I've never left my gear in a dive shop before but if that happened to me I don't know what I'd do. Actually, my gear isn't even marked. How do you guys mark your gear so you can identify it?

Paint pens. Get 'em at Office Max, or a zillion other places.

Oops. Just noticed where you were from!! Probably no Office Max there! Check out a hardware store, or order online from www.leisure-pro.com or another online dealer.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom