bare wetsuit/progressive stretch

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ecudiver

Contributor
Reaction score
hey guys im looking to buy my first wet suit and am interested in the bare velocity but i see it comes in progressive stretch and non progressive stretch. which do ppl prefer and is the progressive stretch worth the extra money?

I have a couple Progressive Stretch suits and I like them. I think it depends a lot on your size. The PS models will fit well if you are in between sizes and the regular ones fit big or small. They are quite stretchy.

I think the non progressive stretch is a prior year. Having a 2004 (wow time flies) Velocity 5-4 I believe they were always progressive stretch but his year they found a spiffy name for the mix of materials they use. It's a nice suit with compliant material where it will help and solid neoprene where you need it.

I have watched their site since 2004 and there was never a non vs progressive stretch choice, it's just marketing. Buy last years suit and enjoy it.

Pete

The PS models are quite a bit more stretchy. I have some older Velocity models and they are not nearly as stretchy. These were brought out to compete with the Hendersons.

I have a 3/2 Velocity non-progressive stretch, and i love it. I also have a 7mil arctic and after yesterdays dive, I can say i like it too. Have never tried a progressive stretch model, so I can't comment.

I just tried on the '05 velocity hyper-stretch and the '06 velocity progressive stretch and there is a slight difference in the material of the arms and legs. The '06 stretches a bit easier than the '05 but like I said only in the arms and legs. The fit was the same so I ended up picking up the hyper-stretch for $20 less.

I really love the fit of the velocity. Just out of curiosity, what's the price difference of the two for you? For me it was $129 and $149.

there is about a 35 dollar difference in the progressive stretch and non. might just go with the cheaper one i think

Other than the fit, there is no difference I don't think. I would have bought the cheaper ones too if they had fit my body style.

Ecudiver, I would seriously recommned you try them both... by looking at the charts I would have thought I needed a size larger than I ended up buying. The fit is really nice, but only if you got the right size.

Try them both in person if you are able.

Back
Top Bottom