Sunny Sunday in Ketchikan:)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Poogweese

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
What a day! Bright sunshine the whole day and temps not too cold. South Point Higgins Beach: A few of us are really starting to enjoy this site, there are tons of marine life to see from big (ling cod) to tiny. It's got shallow walls, deep walls, sand chutes, etc. To summarize, we had fun today:D Here's the pix...

http://www.flickr.com/photos/88052882@N00/

(Brian-if you keep making that face it will freeze like that!):no

Poog:coffee:

BTW that ling cod is about 6 feet long!
Brian - Seasons closed.
Have you guys seen any eggs? We only found one medium sized deposit at the Mt Point site Saturday and two fish 2+'. I suspect they may have gotten fished out last summer as there are usually several deposits at that site. I've seen up to eight some winters.

R-T:
BTW that ling cod is about 6 feet long!
Brian - Seasons closed.
Have you guys seen any eggs? We only found one medium sized deposit at the Mt Point site Saturday and two fish 2+'. I suspect they may have gotten fished out last summer as there are usually several deposits at that site. I've seen up to eight some winters.

Yeah Brian, leave the doggone fish alone and go get a cheeseburger!:D Actually we were thinking of bringing the BBQ & lawn chairs for the 2/25 dive at SPH. Rick, these big lings (at least 2, maybe 3, share a crevasse in a wall with about a dozen other various types of fish, including one of the biggest rockfish I've seen in awhile (yeah,yeah, more fish stories:shakehead ) Anyways...we like scootering on the wall "edge" heading north, it's kinds like flying over the grand canyon or something (it's fun) let's hit this place next weekend, eh?

Poog:coffee:

Sounds good!
R-T: I don't actually want to catch it anyway, it's enough fun just to watch... what the heck would I do with all that fish meat anyway? I haven't seen any eggs, but I wasn't looking closely for those anyway. Next time I'm out there, maybe I'll take a closer look. And I'll remember to take some video this time too!

Glad to see things are so fine down there in SE. I came off the river today. Bright sun and the Alaska Range was standing out really big time.

I'm looking forward to meeting and diving with y'all.

Well, BD and I were a little let down after yesterdays sea lion show:( Had a couple "fly by's" today, but none thought us interesting enough to oogle and harass for either dive-bummer! Maybe next weekend Thing #1 & #2 will be back:wink:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/88052882@N00/

Poog:coffee:[/QUOTE]

Nice pics!

What's the water temp up there, out of curiousity?

Back
Top Bottom