Jerremiah Johnson Article and Picture

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

You know...I think it sounds like it.

Even though he dove off, you know how some people use the momentum to get deep and swim around?

Seems like the o2 partial pressure dropping on ascent would be relevant.

I guess it could be a heart attack or something, but it seems it almost happened too fast for that, to me. I think the autopsy is today..

Alexa says they were listening to whales with sonar or doppler enhancement.

He did not "hit is head" since this was in 90 ft.

When I saw the title of this thread, I thought you were referring to the Robert Redford character in the movie "Jeremiah Johnson," Catherine.

So sorry to hear what it was actually about. Although I didn't know him, I can certainly relate having taught marine biology at a private school for 10 years myself. Condolences to his family and friends. Very sad.

Uhh..we went to dinner last night and just let her talk.

She is sad but I think she will be okay.

Thanks for asking.

I think I will know more in a few days. They sat there for ten hours.

catherine96821:
I think I will know more in a few days. They sat there for ten hours.
Ah geez, I did not make the connection with the cruise your kid was on, thought it was out to the NW or something.

I'm sure you will help her through it.

Kids are pretty tough, usually tougher than we think. But I agree, let her talk it out. She will be ok, but experiences like these are life changing. Keep an eye on her as I know you will.

So, very sad.

Back
Top Bottom