Front Entry Drysuits

Front entry drysuits

• I can get into my drysuit and zip up without any trouble.

Votes: 30 50.8%
  • I can get into my drysuit and zip up with a bit of struggling.

Votes: 14 23.7%
  • I can get into my drysuit without any trouble but need help closing the zipper.

Votes: 7 11.9%
  • I can get into my drysuit and zip up by hyper -extending my back/shoulder/etc. I prefer having help.

Votes: 6 10.2%
  • I can’t get into my drysuit without help.

Votes: 2 3.4%

• Total voters

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

FishDiver

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
I am interested in buying a drysuit. I do a lot of solo dives (no comments please) and believe a front entry suit will be easier to doff and don. The suits I've worn and all the used suits I see for sale have all been rear shoulder zipper.

I am willing to spend the money on a new suit if I can indeed put it on and take it off myself. What is the experience of folks with front entry suits?

I use myself a back entry one, but observed others with front entry. The hard part whether you can get your head in and out (neck seal) or not. Some do and some don't without assistance. A bit of extra length in the suit is needed if you happen to have "steelbarneck"

I dive a Diving Concepts NeoZ and can get in my suit with no problems - I have a hard time with zipper, but can manage it if I absolutely had to... getting out of it is a different issue. If I don't have anyone near by to give me a hand getting out of it, I have to use the spare tire on the back of my suv to catch the shoulder and kind of "rub" it down over my shoulder. I could not get out of it without this aid. I have a bad shoulder so perhaps an uninjured person would not have this issue.

Jackie

DUI TLS350 and can don and doff by myself no problem.

Hoyden:
I dive a Diving Concepts NeoZ and can get in my suit with no problems - I have a hard time with zipper, but can manage it if I absolutely had to... getting out of it is a different issue. If I don't have anyone near by to give me a hand getting out of it, I have to use the spare tire on the back of my suv to catch the shoulder and kind of "rub" it down over my shoulder. I could not get out of it without this aid. I have a bad shoulder so perhaps an uninjured person would not have this issue.

I have a DC Pinnacle 200, which is similar to yours. To get out, I open the zipper as far as I can with my right hand, then put two fingers on it and use my left hand to push on my right elbow, which open the zipper the last 2".

I have a Whites Catalyst and use a short piece of rope that I keep in a pocket to manage those tricky inches behind my shoulder.

DUI TLS 350, in and out by myself all day long.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom