Aeris Epic vs. Elite T3

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ramez18

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
I'm debating between the Aeirs Epic and the Elite T3 computers. I've looked at the info on both on the Aeris website. From what I've read the main differences are the size, mounting options, the functinal depth, and the variable ascent rate. I'm a recreational diver, so I don't know a lot about the technical stuff and terms. Is there an advantage that one computer has over the other. From a functional standpoint, how is the massage box different from the bar graph.

I don't really need anything too fancy just yet, but I really like the hoseless system. I do recreational diving with a little bit of UW photography and I need it to be Nitrox capable (both are).

I'm having trouble deciding which is a better choice for me. Is one of them easier to use than the other? I asked for info on each at my local dive shop and didn't get much from them. Any info would be greatly appreciated, especially if it's "dumbed down" into no-so-technical terms :) Thanks.

The main point of difference is that the EPIC also is a full function watch and sized like a sport watch. The watch functions including second time zone, cronograph functions, time alarm function and the like are not included on the Elite T3. If you don't care about having the watch then the main difference is the size overall size of the display. The Elite T3 will have bigger numbers and a bigger easier to read display. Other than that both computets offer very similar dive computer features and functions.

Regards,
Darryl

Darryl, thanks for the quick reply and the info. You made it much easier to make a decision.

Since the Epic does not power off, will the battery run out more quickly? Is there any reason to change display screens (push several buttons with gloves on) with either while at depth?

Epic uses very limited battery to run watch functions. It should have similar battery life as the Elite T3. If you are using different gas mixes or if you are using the buddy check feature you would need to change display screens.

Darryl

The same display on the epic that shows nitrogen will switch to showing O2 if you are closer to your limit with O2 than with nitrogen. (I know this questions was a really long time ago :(. )

Mind if I join into this conversation? I am fairly new to diving with 60 dives. I currently dive with a Mares wrist computer and I am looking for another to use as primary and use the Mares as a back up. I have been looking at the Aeris Elite T3, then I see the Aeris Elite T3 V2 complete. I am confused as to what the difference may be. The V2 is $75.00 more. Do you know if these are equal computers with some added accesory or what? Are the computers themselve identical?

Thanks

They actually took off a feature, The buddy check has been removed for patent infringement.

I got the Elite T3 v2 for Christmas. I personally prefer this one over the Epic since I wear thick gloves here in our cold water and trying to push the small buttons on the Epic is pretty well impossible.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom