Bare Trilam HD Tech - how light is the fabric compared to TLS350 and CLX450?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Taxgeek

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I've hefted/touched/seen the DUI trilam suits in the stores, and liked the fabric of the TLS350 better than the CLX450 due to its lighter weight (as in pounds per square foot of fabric) and softer feeling (I'm not quite sure what the right word is for that - flexibility without stretchiness? Thinness?)

Can anybody compare the fabric of the Bare Trilam HD Tech (which nobody around here keeps in stock but I'm pretty close to ordering, unless I find a USIA I like at the shops you all recommended) with the fabric of the other two suits? Which one is it more like?

Thanks!
Taxgeek

The Bare HD material is nothing like the Tears Like Silk-350. It is much heavier duty and nearly bullet proof. When putting my p-valve in, I was unable to use a grommet tool to make the hole because it wouldn't make anything more than a dent in the fabric. I've had mine for 4 years and have never had anything come close to tearing it.

The CLX450 is probably of similar toughness, but I think the Bare HD is more flexible.

Awesome, thanks!
(And that has to be the fastest reply in history!)

Thanks for the comparison. I have a TLS350 and haven't torn it, but the material does seem fairly fragile. I'm starting to consider a new drysuit and I've been looking at all the options. One of my regular dive buddies has the HD Trilam and it does look pretty tough.

So the TLS350 would be similar to the BARE Trilam ATR *Light* that I have (because it was cheap and even if it only lasts a winter, I'll have paid for it in dives made)?

Back
Top Bottom