Trans Plate Pad

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

caloosa

Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I just purchased the Trans Plate (Steel)Harness w/ Trek Wings. I am concerned as to whether or not I should consider purchasing the pad to cover the steel plate and hardware that attaches the tank adapter straps to the plate. Right now, wearing my wetsuit, there is not problem...will I be OK from any discomfort when I get rid of the wetsuit down here in Florida, and jump into my dive skin? :confused:

I made one, it was cheaper.

What material did you make it from? and how is it attached to the backplate? perhaps my wife can sew one up for me.

I dont think you will have any discomfort w/ a dive skin. Once you are underwater the rig places very little weight on your back. I have never had any type of discomfort w/ my transplate. Hope this helps.

No I wear a drysuit, and was just concerned more about the backplate rubbing against the drysuit. I guess a thin neoprene fabric would work?

I wouldnt forsee a problem. I have a DR plate and wear mine with just an UnderArmour shirt when it is warm enough. It hasnt seemed to hurt the shirt at all, and it keeps it from having metal right on my back.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom