I wish I had an extra $15K ...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Green_Manelishi

Contributor
Reaction score
www.quickgym.com
www.fastexercise.com

I ordered the free DVD and watched most of it. I understand the underlying concept of "work hard for a little while, or not-very-hard-at-all for a long time". Therefore, if the machine is as efficient as they claim, I'd rather be done with it in less than 5 minutes than spend an hour or more each day.

evad:
Looks like the Time Machine.

They do refer to it as a "time (management) machine." Allegedly Axl Rose uses one so it must be good, eh?

EastEndDiver:
I have a bridge for sale in NY if you are interested.

Thanks for the offer of the bridge. :D

The principle behind the ROM is sound; you can work out hard or for a long time but not hard for a long time. For example, the original Nautilus machines were designed with that principle in mind and my recollection is that they required assistance to use. For commercial (i.e. saleability) purposes the design was modified so an individual could easily adjust the seating etc. Regardless, it's up to the person performing the work (exercise) to work out hard, or not and most folks are unwilling to work out that hard. Casey Viator made tremendous gains (albeit regaining lost muscularity) using Nautilus machines and "high intensity" principles.

What I am curious to know:

1) is the ROM capable of causing muscular hypertrophy? Or if that's a goal would weight training still be required?

2) how does the machine "determine" the appropriate high-intensity workload for the user?

I'm not an expert, but here is my thinking of why I should be suspect of this. Follow my logic:

Let's assume it works, for everyone. That is, you could in fact obtain all the benefits of a longer traditional workout in just 4 minutes per day.

Then, even at 15K a pop, you could rent out a store front, load up a couple of these babies.

And, given how freaky people are to be healthy (as evidenced by the health market and traditional gym memberships)

You could charge quite a bit per 4 minute session and make yourself a bundle.

If it worked.

So, I'm skeptical because there is big, easy money to be made here, and I've never seen one of these in a gym. Ever.

Has anyone? Why not?

OHGoDive:
I'm not an expert, but here is my thinking of why I should be suspect of this. Follow my logic:

Let's assume it works, for everyone. That is, you could in fact obtain all the benefits of a longer traditional workout in just 4 minutes per day.

Then, even at 15K a pop, you could rent out a store front, load up a couple of these babies.

And, given how freaky people are to be healthy (as evidenced by the health market and traditional gym memberships)

You could charge quite a bit per 4 minute session and make yourself a bundle.

If it worked.

So, I'm skeptical because there is big, easy money to be made here, and I've never seen one of these in a gym. Ever.

Has anyone? Why not?

Or, you could buy more than one conventional machine for the price of a ROM and sell sports drinks, tanning, etc. to those for whom "working out" is more a social event than a time to exercise.

Nor have I ever seen one in a gym but that does not mean they are ineffective, only that they are unconventional. Who knows if the ROM guy will even sell to a gym. Regardless, for the price of one ROM, the gym can buy a few (or several) conventional machines that will occupy more than one person for a few minutes.

I remain intrigued by the idea. Now if I could find $15K.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom