Dived Monastery Today...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

kelpdiverguy

Registered
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
I went diving at Monastery Beach today and thought I'd let people know what conditions were like. We dived the north end around 8:30 or so. The surf looked fairly serious, but turned out to be fine... we were still able to walk in, fins off on entry and walk out for the exit. 30 minute dive to a max of 80 ft, but it felt shorter with so much to see. The viz seemed ridiculous... probably the best I've had as a diver thus far. Must have been 35-40 ft. We had a few dolphins on the surface as we swam out and later had a sea lion check us out at depth. Lots of fish, as usual. A great dive all in all, hope to do another soon but I'll just have to keep an eye on the swell reports.

I loved monestary in the 70's, nasty entry and all. Hope to get back out that way sometime soon and dive it again.

Diving Monastery...

Does that have anything to do with ... "The Buda Position" ? :rofl3:

Was gonna do Monastery, but no buddy to go with so just left around 2:00pm. Vis at Pinnacle was good around 20 to 30 feet but swells did kicked in. Monterey Bay area had some nice vis about 15 to 20 feet.

I was at Breakwater, but I wasn't anywhere near the dive shop, did you see a 5'6 asian kid with brown and black hair wearing a long coat? That was me, I was trying to find Andy from the Northcoast diver group.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom