Swimming with Sea Lions!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

bdshort

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
So, Poog and I went out to the South Point Higgins dive site today and did a dive. First of all, entering at high tide is sort of a pain, especially when big waves are coming in. I'd much rather just walk down to the beach that is uncovered during mid-low tide. Anyway...

Once we got out past the shallow wall, off to our left were 3 sea lions that decided to come over and check us out. We just sat there and watched them for a minute or so, and then they swam off, so we continued our dive and headed down the slope. It wasn't a few more minutes before 2 of them decided we must have been pretty interesting, because they came back, and ended up tagging along with us for THE ENTIRE DIVE!! SWEET!! They would swim right towards us, past us, come back around, do some loops and rolls, play with each other, or just kind of float and watch us. They'd leave for a bit, but they'd come right back. We both tried to make an offering of a starfish, but I guess they weren't interested in that.

Of course, I didn't bring my camera with me! :( But Poog had his, and filled up his card with video, so hopefully he'll post some. I need to go by his house and steal it to my laptop. Maybe one of us can edit something with Windows Movie Maker.

We're going back tomorrow, so hopefully they're still there!

Brian

Sounds like a great dive. I gotta get down to southeast soon.

Would love to see that video. Please let the thread know if you post it.

I spent the day swimming laps at Bartlett pool in a swim meet. I could have been mistaken for one of those sea lions hauling out after one race. With any luck, that video won't be shown.

covediver:
I spent the day swimming laps at Bartlett pool in a swim meet. I could have been mistaken for one of those sea lions hauling out after one race. With any luck, that video won't be shown.

Sorry, just had a flash of a sea lion in speedos:rofl3:
What a great dive BD! I didn't even care that we never went past 60':D I posted a short clip on Utube at:

(Might not be ready, I just posted it):popcorn:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GIW7XQHk63k

Mary made a iMovie from all the video and put it to music, we'll burn you a copy and give it to ya' tomorrow. I'm thinking 12:30 again and maybe plan for a couple? (Better bring your camera this time:wink: )

Poog:coffee:

Wow!

Excellent choice of musical accompanyment for such gracefullness.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom