Waterproof zipper

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

hydeout22

New
Reaction score
Hey guys,

I have been searching all over the net and could only find this place

http://www.tizip.com/index.htm

I e-mailed them but haven't heard back.

I want to use aquaseal to glue a zipper on the back of my wetsuit so after my main zipper is done up, I can close the watertight one. My wetsuit is good, and doesn't leak except the zipper as water pours in and out there.

Does anyone know where I could purchase a waterproof zipper online? Best place for best price or anyplace for that matter. I can't find anything. I would want a opentop zipper, and I think it will work fine and make my wetsuit work much much better. I can walk into the water up to my waist and my legs are dry, then I feel it pour in through the back zipper. If I can seal that up to my neck, it will be awesome.

Thanks a lot

Michael

Toronto, Canada

How good these TIZIP's? I need to replace the zipper on my suit - one local company offers installation of TIZIP. They said is just much better than YKK, lasts twice as longer, commercial divers have tested them hard, etc...

If someone use (or used) these zippers, please - what is your opinion?
Thank you!

Evgeny AKA CapitanBlack, Victoria, B.C.

tizip did not better than JQJ and YKK

Tizip is quite new. Bare is starting to use them on all their drysuits and semidrys in the last year or so. I have one on my new Bare SB drysuit. I also have one on my peak uk kayak drysuit. The tizip is amazingly flexible (far more than any other drysuit zipper I have ever seen) and much harder to damage. It doesn't need wax at all (in fact all you are supposed to do is add a bit of silicone lube to the dock end of the zipper if it gets dry). I have even seen bagpipes start to use them in place of the traditional dry zipper, again because it is more flexible and less maintenance.

I hope they hold up to use well. So far I think they will. I better hope so given I have two of them. I believe they are also a lot cheaper than the metal dry zippers.

How good these TIZIP's? I need to replace the zipper on my suit - one local company offers installation of TIZIP. They said is just much better than YKK, lasts twice as longer, commercial divers have tested them hard, etc...

If someone use (or used) these zippers, please - what is your opinion?
Thank you!

Evgeny AKA CapitanBlack, Victoria, B.C.

Tizip is in good quality bettr than YKK, most important leading time abit shorter.
Victoria waterproof zip, Modern features like taped seams,
Alibaba: http://mfbshk.preview.alibaba.com/p...ted_Snakeskin_Victoria_Waterproof_Zipper.html

Victoria is good quality Rain repellent zip,Not Waterproof.

My wife had a TiZip on her ScubaPro Nova Scotia Semi-Dry; it would sometimes open up, or not close all the way, on a bend, but if you moved the slider back, it would eventually close all the way. This was on a brand-new suit. I bet it would be fine in your application. Sorry, I have no help in where to find one.

I have the TiZip on my Bare drysuit and I like the zipper. It's easy to open and close compared to the YKK brass zipper. And you just put a small dab of silicone gel at the docking once in a while and you're all set. Virtually no maintenance on the actual teeth (ie - you don't need to wax the teeth). Not sure about durability or longestivity. I guess time will only tell.

So far no leaks on the zipper. As for the seams on the Bare drysuit, that's another story.

In my opinion, TZip is not cheap as a previous poster suggested. $350 Cdn at the Bare shop in Vancouver. Replaced the original zip on my Bare Nexgen with the TZip. So far, so good, approx 30 dives on it. Forced to replace the original BTW. After approx 70 dives, the teeth were loose where I folded the arms "in ". Don't do that anymore, but that's another story that has already been discussed here.

Back
Top Bottom