Drysuit undergarments: suspenders?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

DiveJedi

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
Good day all.....I am just curious what the perception is about suspenders inside undergarments?
What experience have you had?
Do you care if both your suit and your undergarment have suspenders?
Are their undergarments out there that have suspenders?

Thanks for all your feedback....

Happy Diving,
Tyler

I have a new/old stock set of DUI 400, military green, undies. They are two piece and use suspenders. There are benefits in that the top can be taken off and the suspenders on the bottoms keep the undies in place, along with the suspenders of the suit itself (Requirement) duing an SI . Downfall of multiple suspenders is more stuff to deal with and more potential for bunching of layers.

Seems most undies today are all one piece. Benefits seem to be that less bunching can occur, and a lower profile will be maintained, by not haivng overlap. Downfall would be less flexability in different body types, most specifically heights.

DiveJedi:
Good day all.....I am just curious what the perception is about suspenders inside undergarments?
What experience have you had?
Do you care if both your suit and your undergarment have suspenders?
Are their undergarments out there that have suspenders?

Thanks for all your feedback....
Hi Tyler,

I DO care if my drysuit has suspenders inside it, for comfort during SIs primarily.

I prefer undergarments that are two piece when I can get away with it. This lets me shuck the top off during SI without having it hanging down, as happens with a one piece undergarment. OTOH, undergarments built for colder waters seem to all be one piece. I personally have never seen any with 'suspenders' per se, however, a Diving Concepts 200 gr undergarment I own comes with a vest that includes a crotch strap, so the vest itself functions somewhat as suspenders.

I've been diving with different drysuits and undergarments since 1986 and have never felt any need for an undergarment with suspenders. All things can change, but still I suspect the immediate market for such an undergarment might not be huge... (but I DO like the idea of a cold water undergarment that comes in a 2 piece style, perhaps with a vest to hold it all together! :) It would add considerable versatility...)

YMMV.

Best,

Doc

Wait a sec - suspenders on the underbritches? Seems like an extra set of suspenders since drysuit suspenders should be standard on every drysuit. Hey Tyler, I filled out the White's Dive team stuff as an instructor and never heard anything back from White's. How about checking on that for me? Thanks.

Back
Top Bottom