Has anyone gone wet again after diving dry?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Its All about the U

Registered
Reaction score
I took a dry suit class and while it was good being warm and dry after diving, I was'nt crazy about the bulkiness I felt and the weight I had to carry- I felt heavy underwater and amnot sure that I am willing to spend that kind of money in hopes it becomes easier the more I do it- I think I am going to be one of those who prefer being wet- the DS seems like such a hassle- a pain to put on, difficulty getting my BC on and getting hot even before the dive at 50 degrees surface temp- do you think I can get away w/ a good 7mm semi dry -- and be able to dive Morehead area off NC coast year round? I can afford dry but think I would be more comfortable wet- just want to be able to be comfortable at 60 degrees 100 ft down

Only when I have too (which isn't often, since I own 2 drysuits).

nope ... once i went dry, i've never looked back

i even shower with my drysuit on these days

but ... seriously...

yes, in warm water, i see no need for a drysuit. so my south florida diving and Caribbean diving is all done wet

however, when i hit the springs (wus that i am) and their 70-degree water, dry time it is

I never wear a drysuit when a wetsuit (or bathing suit) will keep me warm enough.
That said, my "warm enough" seems to be creeping up the thermometer a bit every year... for example, it now takes a real scorcher of a day to get me out of my dry suit in the north Florida springs (water temp 68° F/20° C).
Rick

I dive dry year-round in New England, except maybe in the warmest 2 or 3 weeks of the year, when I might put on a 3mm suit for shallow dives from shore. Other than that though, I only dive wet when I'm on a dive vacation in warm water.

I dive both, similar standards as Andy. However, in the N. Florida springs I dive dry in the winter and wet in the summer. The 110% humidity in 90 degree temperatures is just too much for me to get into a dry suit. At least in the 7mm I can get wet and cool off.

It's all about the comfort, bearing in mind that stress, including temperature stress, may lead to increased incidents of DCS. If you're comfortable diving routinely wet, that's great - good for you. Me, I always dive dry in Northern California, and the 41F dive I did in Lake Tahoe this weekend wouldn't have been possible (for me) wet. The 82F I did in Fiji in November though, that's a different story...

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom