ACI and VISTA

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

DiveMaven

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
I don't understand why the OceanLog works perfectly with VISTA and the Aeris program doesn't. Actually, the only place where the Aeris program fails me is when I try to download from my dive computer. It can't establish a handshake and gives me an error message. Seems like this would be a fairly easy fix.

Any clue when we might have a patch?

What version of ACI are you running? All I get is an error message that states "You do not have an appropriate license to use this functionality". I can't run the program at all! When are these problems with Vista going to be resolved?

It is the same version that's on Aeris' website I believe....I used a CD of the program that I had burned previously.

It downloaded to my computer just fine and I used my backup dive log CD to download my previous dives. Everything opens fine, I can see everything, manipulate whatever I want, add pictures, etc., I just can't download from my dive computer!

I am running the 2.12 on vista home premium and have no problems at all. I would try and uninstall it and reinstall it into its own folder on the hard drive. Do not put it into the default program files folder. I am not sure how the database is setup or how the program actually works, but Windows Vista does not allow file writes and creation of certain types within the program files folder. It may solve the problem of "You do not have an appropriate license to use this functionality" but it very well could not. I am just giving you an option to try so you dont lose out on the dive data on your computer. I am not a programmer, this information has come from a friend that knows more about this stuff than I do. Gimme all the hardware problems you can, but software crap just sucks :)

Yahoo, I got mine to work!! Apparently I hadn't downloaded the patch from Aeris' website, so when I did the whole thing worked perfectly and I can download from my computer!!! :D :D :D

I have no idea what is different with my machine, I have uninstalled ACI and reinstalled. I have used different versions from the website and installed it in another folder other than program files. Everything I try I still get "You do not have an appropriate license to use this functionality". My laptop is running Vista Business and was upgraded from XP Pro, I also have Office 2007 installed and full admin rights on my system. Does anyone have a list of files (and versions) required by ACI to run properly or have any idea as to why I get this message.

Office 2007 wreaked havoc on my machine when I had it installed during beta, I was using XP at the time. Several programs I was running would not work with it. Sadly, removing office 2007 would not work as it changed some of the core files that the other programs used. I had to take office off, and then be walked through changing the database access files back to their original state. Basically the programs could not access any data because office 2007 changed the core files used to access the database. Wonder if this is the same problem you are having. BTW, I am not using Office 2007 on my machine.

It sounds like you might have to wait until they come out with a Vista Compatible version. My biggest complaint is this should have been out long ago. Very near the release of Vista. Especially since everyone had access to both vista and office 2007 near the middle of last year for testing, etc. Im just glad mine works for me now.

Wow, I have to agree that I'm just happy I got it to work fine after reading what TulsaDiver is going through!! It does sound like another program may be interfering though.

I found the fix to the error I was having. I had turned User Account Control off, once I turned it back on and rebooted ACI started right up. This setting is changed by going to the Control Panel -> User Accounts -> Click on Turn User Account Control on or off.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom