Price increase for BARE Drysuits?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

FishDiver

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
I just checked with a few online retailers for accessory pricing for the Bare XCD2 Tech Drysuit. Prices appear to have jumped by $300-400 in the last week.

Has anyone seen this or am I deluded? :11:

Glad I got mine when I did !!!

the K

FishDiver:
I just checked with a few online retailers for accessory pricing for the Bare XCD2 Tech Drysuit. Prices appear to have jumped by $300-400 in the last week.

Has anyone seen this or am I deluded? :11:

I haven't seen this with Bare, but with other brands that have had price increases.

I imagine that like dive computers, the same factories many several brands at one location. The price of one brand going up will most likely be soon followed by others.

To blame for this is the cost of fuel (transportation), the fall of the value of the dollar verses other currencies, etc. So I don't expect them to get cheaper.

same for tanks. expect a cost increase in tanks.

I bought mine from Divetank not too long ago. They said increased prices were on the horizon for BARE... something about a 10-20% price increase from BARE... sounds like it happened.

Scott

I really cant believe that the 10-20% increase is due to gas or the currency.....tanks is one thing because of the fluctuating price of the materials, but if currency and gas was to blame, everyone would be raising there prices....and thats not happening.....Most of my Vendors are dropping prices because they are able to lower their costs due to higher sales and pass this on to the consumer....

DR also jacks up their DS price recently. If the price is same, I am sure DUI can get more sale.

I am wondering how many divers are actually listening to a manufacture excuse..:wink:

hoosier:
DR also jacks up their DS price recently. If the price is same, I am sure DUI can get more sale.

Yep. theirs went up from $1200 to $1400 this past fall and then up to $1600 around Christmas.

My LDS told me to expect Dive Rite to raise their prices again before the end of 2007

I am wondering how many divers are actually listening to a manufacture excuse..:wink:

well this diver didn't buy a Dive Rite suit because of it.

I personally don't see the huge expense in drysuits except for the fact that not any one manufacturer makes really really huge volumes on them. For the most part they are rubber, nylon and/or neoprene with a zipper and a power inflator.

Just like why does a Henderdson 5mm cost $325 to $385. Or their Insta Dry. Some of those start at over $500.

I just ordered an OTR Bare Trilam HD Tech yesterday. Been researching it for a coupla months. Price has stayed constant at $1799 MSRP the whole time. Maybe the increase occurred before that?

Back
Top Bottom