Bare or DUI trilaminate drysuit ??

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Scuba-QC

Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
I'm looking for trilaminate drysuit but wondering what's the difference between DUI and Bare as for service (I'm in Canada), quality, warranty, etc. The price for a DUI is way more expensive than Bare...but is there any reasons why??

Thanks

I dive the Bare bilam (NexGen Pro) and love it. I got a great deal. At the trilam level I don't believe there is much difference but I have no personal experience with them. Get a front entry if you can.

Mike

I dive a Bare HD Tech Trilam. Love it. Can't beat the price. I have no experience with DUI, other than they appear more expensive.

BARE making both good tri and neo dry suits,,,not to mention good wet suits!

I started out with a Bare HD Tech Dry trilam but hated it. The material was/is much stiffer and heavier than the DUI TLS-350 I switched to.

I suppose the Bare might be a touch more "sturdy" than the DUI because of the heavier weight material, but I don't think the loss of mobility, weight, longer drying-time, etc with the Bare are worth the trade-off. I have 60+ wreck penetration dives on my DUI and haven't had any sort of tear or anything yet.

I have a CLX 450 and its a tough suit to distroy. but my buddys dive Bare and they realy seam to like them.

I have a DUI, a Viking, and a bare. I like the bare a great deal. I am not a dealer for them and have sold a good many of them and have had no unhappy customers.

Brent

I'd tell you to buy what you can afford, I've seen both and have dove the DUI. For what it's worth if I had to choose between only those two brands I'd go with BARE, and I'd get a back entry. I don't like those front entry zippers. Back is tried and true.

If you dive solo then a front entry has some merit, otherwise go for the back zipper. That's my opinion and contrary to what many here think.

Honestly, if I were to dive a suit other than Viking I'd be diving a Bare I believe, they're a tough suit and IMO well worth the money.

I have been diving a Bare NextGen, excellent suit. I am upgrading to a Tri-Lam in the next few weeks. Right now I am going with the Pinnacle Evolution2. This is a self-donning, with optional integrated boots or external rock boots/neoprene sock. The price is about 15% less than the comparable Bare and definitely less than DUI. The warranty is solid and the sizing chart is pretty extensive for a non-custom dry suit. Check it out. Try one on if you can. Oh yeah, it also has a neoprene colar on top of your latex neck seal, extra exposure protection.
:monkeydan

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom