New Genesis valve KA-70

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Sherwood SCUBA rep.

Contributor
Reaction score
This valve easily converts from a 200 BAR Yoke to a DIN fitting valve. The BAR yoke adapter unscrews from the main valve leaving a threaded standard DIN connection.

Other features include:
• Smooth operating valve mechanism
• Multiported burs disc assembly to prevent air jets from tipping over standing cylinder
• O-ring sealed threads fits standard cylinders
• High flow capacity dip tube prevents contaminants from reaching air stream

http://www.genesisscuba.com/product.php?product_id=230

I just picked up my new stage AL40 deco bottle, and it arrived with this valve. First off, it looks like a really nice product. Myself and the LDS staff were very impressed, but I'd like to know how easy it is to prepare it for partial pressure mixing for 50% O2?

Thanks,
Jim

Sherwood SCUBA rep.:
Its O2 clean from the factory to 40%

That statement is like saying "it is completely black, with portions that are white".

I think what you mean to say is that the valve comes from the factory ready for nitrox service up to 40%. That DOES NOT make is oxygen clean. I doubt seriously if it would be suitable, out of the box, for partial pressure filling (i.e. oxygen clean). I don't know if the materials used in the soft seat, the o-rings, and other components are "oxygen safe". Maybe you could research and give us some more feedback. Thanks.

Phil Ellis

I agree with Phil, I'd definetly like some more feedback with regards to true O2 cleaning for this valve.

Thanks,
Jim

The valve comes in a sealed bag “clean for oxygen service “ comes with instrctions for EAN service , if you want a copy I will e-mail them to you

Thanks, I would appreciate that, I'll PM you with my email address.

Jim

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom