New to Monterey

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

coleusna2006

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
I just don't log dives
I am a student at the Naval Postgraduate School and am leaving in June. I finally realized that I was wasting my time here in Monterey and bought all my own dive gear. I have around 25 dives under my belt (0 in Monterey), and would like to start diving Monterey on a regular basis. If anyone would be kind enough to let me tag along when they dive I would be very appreciative.

Thanks,
Andrew

Hi Andrew,

At least you realized before you left. I spent 63 weeks up at DLI back in teh 90s and never thought about diving. I regret that now that I'm back and need kitchen passes to make it out in the water. I usually dive on Sundays and Mondays (If I can get the requisite kitchen pass). I'm always ooking for a buddy, so I'll let you know next time I make it out. I'll be tied up in a rescue class this weekend, but if conditions are good, I might be up for something next weekend.

In the meantime, I suggest you check out Chuck Tribolet's advice for those new to the Monterey area: http://www.garlic.com/~triblet/ba_diving/newmontereydiver.html

Sounds great, I should be available to dive every (or almost every) Sunday. My first class on Monday is at 1100 but I can probably get out of it once or twice.

-Andrew

I will be down there on the weekend and possibly in need of a buddy on Sunday. I am not sure if I will do a shore dive or a boat dive yet; depends how good conditions are. Get in touch. I am familiar with Monterey diving.

Welcome! There will be a whole group of us diving the weekend of the 17th and 18th of March. You are welcome to come dive with us anytime.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom