Thanks for creating a Category for DPV users!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Mr.X

ScubaBoard Supporter
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
Dear SB,

Thanks for creating a place for us DPV users to talk! :D I'd also like to acknowledge Thalassamania for sparking the question, which led to this new category!

Since I am at it, I will extoll the virtues of having a true DPV. Without question they add:

* More fun to every dive - smiles
* Longer bottom times
* Versatility
* Safety (against currents and fatigue)

Given a choice between a rebreather or a scooter...I would take a scooter any day!

Mr. X

Mr X!!!

i have 2 scooters at home now!! (won one and was given one!) so i will send these over to you asap

i expect the MEG in return :wink:

almitywife:
Mr X!!!

i have 2 scooters at home now!! (won one and was given one!) so i will send these over to you asap

i expect the MEG in return :wink:

LOL! I should change my opinion fast :D However, my full-on Meg has the original (late version) Shearwater-Innerspace electronics. This controller works great but it will only be a matter of time before it goes _____ up. Maybe, it is a fair trade?

Cheers,

X

p.s. you'll have to keep us informed on how you like the Megs when you have your pool test

Mr.X:
......p.s. you'll have to keep us informed on how you like the Megs when you have your pool test

not long to go now....hubby was talking about it only 10 mins ago

i only hope that it equals his expectations!

A separate sub-forum...how cool is this?! Thanks!

<slow 4-point barrel roll to show appreciation>

All the best, James

Mr.X:
* More fun to every dive - smiles
* Longer bottom times
* Versatility
* Safety (against currents and fatigue)

The downside is that I see people who used to be strong swimmers get scooter dependent,and there is a definite safety issue in the sense if their scooter died they may not be able to make a safe return.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom