Getting OUT of your wetsuit.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

surfmaui

New
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
I've been reading through this forum and haven’t found someone with the same problem as me. I have no problem getting into my wetsuit (5mm Oneal that fits well). I have a problem getting OUT of it. It's a back zip, so the arms and chest are no problem, but it takes me 10 minutes to get the legs off sometimes, and I've more than once whacked my ankle on something in the process. I haven't tried a suit snot mixture just yet (because I figure it will be gone at the end of the dive) but I will try it soon.

Any suggestions are welcome.

right near the end of the dive... flood your suit well and get a lot of water trapped in it.. when you go to take it off it should be easier... other than that... you can buy a lycra skin or just pull harder... i find it easier to just pull the suit off by starting at the top and letting it turn inside out rather than trying to pull from the bottom.. hope it helps :D

Roll it down your body, Don't try to tug it off your legs. Once it's down below your knees just step on one suit leg while you lift your leg out. It will roll right off.

Pete

Spectrum's got the technique I use. I leave mine inside out so the inner surfaces of the wetsuit dry. I hate putting on a wet wetsuit the next day.

I always have a mat to lay out on the ground. Stand on the mat because when you roll the wetsuit off your legs, the suit will end up on the ground.

Just peel it off from the top down turning the suit inside out only way I can think to do it easily.

spectrum:
Roll it down your body, Don't try to tug it off your legs. Once it's down below your knees just step on one suit leg while you lift your leg out. It will roll right off.

Pete

This is what I do.

spectrum:

Pete

X2 on this technique, it's how i do it.

Unless it's somewhere where i don't have a clean place to stand while i'm taking it off... i don't want to get my suit muddy/sandy, so i sit on the truck tailgate and slide it off.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom