Cf200

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

shin1999

Registered
Reaction score
Hi

I have been considering buying a drysuits and like to have a opinion. I have not tried it on, however, I saw many post mentioning that CF200 from DUI dries very slow. How long does it take and what is the disadvantage for drying slow?

Thanks

Hanging my CF200 over the door to my livingroom and 20 DEG C temperature, it takes about 48 hours for it to dry completely (I turn it inside out after 24 hours when it's dry on the outside). I need tons of towels under and on both sides of the door to suck up the water. Quite a mess.

So that's one disadvantage! Besides that, it's also heavier when it's wet, and not very nice to - maybe - transport in a suitcase while wet in the cargo bay of an airplane at minus 40 DEG C...

Besides from that, I love my CF200x :)

Yup, kinda the same here. The drying part sucks. It is heavy wet or dry. The good part is though, that the suit is warm. Being stretchy is really nice, and makes for a more streamline configuration in the water. They are really tough suits when it comes time to crawl out of the ocean over rocks and barnacles. I am up in the air if I would go with another one or not, mostly because they are expensive.

How heavy is heavy? Do they weigh more than a 7mm full suit and boots of comparable size?

I'm the proud owner of one and love it, despite it taking a day or two to dry. On multiple days of back to back diving, I don't even notice it.

The thing is durable as all heck, and like previously mentioned, I can't think of another suit that I'd rather have if hiking over sharp granite and barnacles/sharp objects.

And the cargo holds in commercial aircraft are the same temperature as the cabin, so no worries there.

The cf200 like any neoprene dry suit will dry slowly. It dries as slowly as any of your wet suits dry. In AZ mine dries in a couple of hours. In Florida it's never dry. :D It is heavier than a 7mm wet suit both dry and wet. That being said, I do like my cf200. It keeps me warm and is streamlined. My wife just went from diving a cf200 to a trilam and likes the trilam better. I haven't tried a trilam yet, but am planning on it soon. It is much lighter.

I'm guessing that it's just people's preference. How crucial is having fast drying drysuits or what is the advantage as opposed to taking long time to dry? Would this fast drying characteristic exceeds having a durablility?

PS. I been reading post about tls350 and CF200. I would make an opportunity to try both if possible before I buy the drysuits. Its been exciting since I will be financially ready to beable to afford one soon.

I love mine. Indestructible, and warm/stretchy.

I dive a few times a week locally, and as a result, I am often putting on a wet drysuit. I don't even notice it. I agree, it takes about 2 days to fully dry the thing.

Probably the worst thing about it is that it needs a bit more weight than a trilam or 50/50 (did you consider one of these?), and the fact that it can be heavy. However, I was just on a charter last weekend, and the captain's eyes lit up when he saw my drysuit. He has a compressed neoprene drysuit that is 20 years old. Money well spent, as far as I'm concerned!!

no, I have not considered 50/50. Does anyone have 50/50? Also, i was wondering what is the weakest point in drysuits where it easily breaks and what occasion it would likely to happen. Have anyone ripped their drysuits while diving? It would be greatly appreciated if you can give feedback.

thanks!

I do 2 to 6 dives a week on mine. It never dries. But then again none of my stuff really ever dries.

What does it matter? If you're diving it, rock on. I hope my stuff never really dries.

---
Ken

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom