Toronto Harbour ship charters

Would you like to see Toronto Harbour charters offered

• Yes! I would like to see a charter offered.

Votes: 10 90.9%
  • N0!

Votes: 1 9.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Master Chief

Reaction score
If by chance dive charters are made availabe for next summer, how many divers in the Toronto area would like to have the option of diving wrecks in and slightly out side of the Toronto Harbour. These wrecks would range in depths from 60' for sport divers to 140 for the tecky types. We now have several unone new wrecks which could make this a happening experience. This woud mean you can go for a dive after work and no more three to four hour drives to dive sites on the weekend. These charters would take palce with in the laws of the Toronto Harbour commisions regulations and on those charter boats which have past stringent boat safety regulations.

Master Chief

Would be kewl!

Jest a couple of questions....

What ships are you looking at? I know of the sligo and the J. B. Merril, but what is out there? Heard rumours of an Seafire Mark XIV out there somewhere...

Oh and what Marina? (Leslie St. spit ? )

I can't reveal our ghost ships at this time, but as the summer comes around the word will get around. The sligo and the J. B. Merril, have been none wrecks for many years but were talking new wrecks. The wrecks will only be 10 to 15 minutes out and any marina around the GTA could be used for departing

Cheers

Master Chief

I have dove the Slico/Merril/Davis when Aquasystems ran the occasional charter and While they were not pristine they were good dives.We need local dives to satiate the huge local diver population and I would welcome any new additions-I have the good fortune!?? to have been out of the loop for awhile and for me there are lots of new wrecks.Please excuse any reference I make to known wrecks as being "new" on this note there is a new wreck off the shore in Hamilton that was "surveyed this summer" and perhaps this wreck {paddlewheeler} will also become available?I hope this is a sign that new divers may begin to become certified in full force as it seems to me that the lull in the sport in Ontario has begun to change?If we have "local" wrecks on top of our world class wrecks perhaps we would keep more local divers interested.I say with the "advent " of zebra mussels there is no reason local wrecks found/artificial would not be desirable because after all is it not the diving/experience we seek not the status of having dove a certain areas wrecks?Now if only the karst pavement discovered in my backyard{pristine example}can produce sump/waterfilled passage I will be the proverbial pig in...... Thanks for the heads up MASTER CHIEF:doctor:

I think the question might be, who wouldn't jump in the local pond now and then if there was more accesible things of interest to see??

I mean how many of you are THAT fond of big bay, innerkip and your local municipal pool?

Sounds like a fantastic idea, but what about those anoying harbour police and that Harbour master, they just make the idea of diving in there turf undesirable. How will the paper work required be handled?

Analyst

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom