Bali in April

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Aragorn

Reaction score
Hi folks. I know it's been sometime since I last posted but we haven't done any diving since our trip to Belize early this year. Well, the "dive bug" has hit us all since the snow's gonna start flying up here in Tahoe and we've decided to go to Bali this April. Tauch Terminal Resort in Tulamben offered us a very nice package deal for the 5 of us(me, my wife, our 3 teenage boys...all divers) to stay 10 days. The entire cost is so reasonable(have to consider cost when bringing 3 teenagers :D)! The resort looks nice, quiet and it appears as if some of the best diving is on the eastern and northern side(s) of the island. We're excited. I know it's several months away but it's always good to plan ahead, right? We're excited.

I went to Bali last year and fell in love with it, your boys will have fun (I am 17 I can relate). The diving is amazing and the island is wonderful, it is so full of culture and beauty. Have fun and make sure to do a trip report!!
- A J

A. J. Shark once bubbled...
Have fun and make sure to do a trip report!!
- A J

Thanks A.J. We'll certainly have fun, I'm sure. And yes, we'll definitely offer up a trip report w/ plenty of pic's. :)

I've got a piece of advice for anyone going to Bali - Padangbai is a lovely place but for God's sake don't dive at a site called 'The Toilet' unless you're EXTREMELY confident in a current! It's awful! They had unexperienced divers there at the time which shouldn't have been on it and should have been warned about it. Absolute disaster waiting to happen.

If you're diving in Tulumben, ask your guide to take you to the purple fan which is at 28m around a corner at the 'drop off'. It's this massive purple fan - worth seeing.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom