Reef Oasis off of Temple reef (Sharm)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hillmorton Scubie

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
I'm a Fish!
Hi we are going here (changed hotel) in 17 days time.(for 2 weeks)
Looking to dive every other day and would like your advice.
1) would you recommend buyng new 7mil wetsuits or hire (we have 3 mil shorties)
2) good reasonable cost operator to use
3) Does the Reef Oasis have an in house operator and do they do shore dive to Temple reef.
4)I have done and don,t enjoy 30m plus dives (Is that going to be a problem).
5)Anything else you think
Thanks

There are couple of threads you can find answers to your questions.
Please have a look here:
http://www.scubaboard.com/showthread.php?t=68804
http://www.scubaboard.com/showthread.php?t=127267

As well as many other threads.
1. 7mm may be a bit too warm but it depends on how quiclky you get cold. Think about 5mm plus a hood. Rather buy than rent - as somebody says - I rather know who was peeing in the wetsuit before me. If it's me then ok
:D
2. For the operators please do the search. There are 300 of them in Sharm. I would reccomend Emperor Divers, Camel Divers. In house operator are not needed - all the boats start from 2 jetties so anyway you will have to be driven there. Every dive op picks it's clients from the hotel and takes them back.
3. Shore dives are very rare in Sharm. Temple is a very difficult site to navigate (probably one of the most difficult ones) so I would not reccomend diving there on your own. It's easy to get lost and then the next possible entrance is rather far away.
And this is not a joke - so everybody please be careful. I have seen people (including guides) getting lost in Temple and in some cases it could have end much worse than did.

Mania

1. 7mm is too much. 5mm is fair enough. Buy or rent is your personal choice.
2. There're so many operators in Sharm. It depends on what you want; personalized service vs large groups.
3. The majority of sites in Sharm requires boat, including the temple. Shore diving could be done in other sites like Shark's Bay, the Tower, and Ras Umm Sid.
4. No problem. The average depth is 20-25m.

1) would you recommend buyng new 7mil wetsuits or hire (we have 3 mil shorties)

Depends on what kind of suit and what temperature you are used to diving in. Most instructors here are in drysuits/7mm semi-dry/or like myself 7mm with 3mm hood and vest. At Sinai Divers where I work we offer 5mm shorties tops with 5 mm dungarees, this gives your core 10mm. With this most customers are warm enough, at the moment the water temperature is 22C.

2) good reasonable cost operator to use

At the moment Sinai is offering the following, plus the boats are quiet at the moment max 10 customers

BIG DISCOUNT FOR PRE-PAID BOOKINGS!!!!!
Save up to 25% when you book diving packages in advance!

Example: 5 days dive box local price including sales tax 275 Euro
5 days dive box if pre-booked 230 Euro

3) Does the Reef Oasis have an in house operator and do they do shore dive to Temple reef.

Sorry no idea.

4)I have done and don,t enjoy 30m plus dives (Is that going to be a problem).

If you dive with Sinai Divers, just tell the guide on the boat and they will brief you accordingly, normally letting your buddy pair stay within sight, but not so deep.

5)Anything else you think

The diving is getting better and better at the moment, more fish coming back. The weather is lovely at the moment and I'm really enjoying my diving.

If you've any questions don't hesitate to contact me.

Don

Back
Top Bottom