Fitness Challenge Donations... WOW!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

erparamedic

Vampire Girl......er Dork
Reaction score
Good morning! I was on the phone with a fellow SBer last night, and she owns a printing business. She is a wonderful person, and may join our fitness challenges in the near future. (Right now, and for the next few weeks, she's nursing an injury.) She thinks that our challenges are absolutely wonderful, and has offered to donate some items as future prizes. She needs to look at her stock and see what all she has that can be printed up and donated. I'm not "affirming" that any of the following items will be used as prizes (as I mentioned, she needs to look at her stock), but to give an idea, she prints t-shirts, mugs, bag tags, patches, mousepads, license plates, window decals, etc. etc.

She would like to know of a design that we would like to see on some things, and she has offered to print up some donations for us! It would be nice to have the design be something to do with our scuba fitness challenges, or it can be general scuba related. Put your thinking caps on, and lets see what ideas we can come up with! You may post your design idea in this thread, or email it to me at emt1128@yahoo.com (please put something about "scuba design" in the subject of the email).

Now... I'm fairly sure these items will probably not be ready for the next challenge, as she's slowed up with an injury at the moment. But, I think that it was a very kind and gracious offer!

Fellow SBer... if you're reading this (you know who you are! :) ) Thank you very much for your support of our challenges, and the wonderful donation offer! That is very kind and generous of you! We really appreciate it! :D :D

I am keeping her identity private right now... I don't know if she wants to remain an anonymous donor or not. :)

Thank you kind donor!!

I'm looking forward to see what people come up with for designs and will probably work on one of my one to submit!

Awesome idea. I've just joined in on the challenge, but it's definitely a motivator for me - the competition, having other people to give advice and encouragement - it's a big help.

Very cool.....Does she want a line drawing type design? Did anybody win yet. I know Jenny was very close..

CheddarChick:
Very cool.....Does she want a line drawing type design? Did anybody win yet. I know Jenny was very close..

I believe she can print nearly any type of design. If you have something in mind... draw it up and post it!

As for the current challenge, no winner yet... but I think Jenny is in the home stretch!

Also, Cheddar... this is the same person that is going to make the t-shirts for our Ladies Get Wet Weekend. :D

What a generous offer!

How cool! What is the ladies get wet weekend?

Here's a possible starter

You tell me what to add, subract, multiply or divide

logo_start.jpg

I've already corrected the rings to be symetrical, so please don't ask me to move them so that they are rounder and centered (done after posting this picture)

The font used in the actual Scubaboard logo is one of a family of fonts from the "Kabel", or "Koblenz" - Purchasing the font is $99.00 (just in case someone wanted to know why I didn't use the SB font).

It's at 3 colors now. I don't know if your friend is generously offering screen printing, vinyl or uses a solvent ink on vinyl. It makes a difference when blending colors and printing.
===
Oh, and a very generous thanks to your (un-named) friend!

Also, when completed I can submit is as an .eps, or CorelDraw X3 file (Your friend will know what I mean)

CT... I love the start! As for the center... that's a toughie.

How about something like... a person in a wetsuit with their arms posed like they're showing muscles... and dive gear (tanks, bc, mask, fins) layed around the bottom of their feet or next to them. Just a thought. :wink:

here is an idea, how about the "no" symbol over a dive weight.

As we lose the boyant weight we have, we also have less on the belts!

Back
Top Bottom