Wisdom Software Issues

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ichigolin

Registered
Reaction score
I recently purchased the Wisdom software download kit. When installing the software on my computer, I get the following error:

Error 1911. Could not register type library for file C:\Windows\system32\Flash.ocx. Contact your support personnel.

If I choose to ignore the error. The install will proceed to completion.

However, when I run the software, the color palette of the gui is a mess. I don't know if this is a seperate problem or a result of the 'Error 1911....' When I say a mess, I mean that there is black text on black background throughout. Thus, you can't read what the text descriptor of certain parts of the display.

I've attached two jpgs, the error and screwed up color palette, respectively.

Can someone help me out?

Attachments

• Wisdom_install_error.JPG
    Wisdom_install_error.JPG
    17.9 KB · Views: 112
  • DiveGraph.jpg
    DiveGraph.jpg
    84.1 KB · Views: 100
I installed the software on two other computers. No change. The install error occurred on those computers as well. The display/color palette was a problem on both of the other computers.

All computers are Dells running WinXP SP2. They also far exceed the requirements specified for proper software operation.

Thanks for the quick response. I appreciate the help.

I downloaded the latest software which was uploaded more recently that the version I already have. I removed the old, rebooted, and installed the new. I still have the same two problems... 'flash.ocx' error during install and display/color palette issue.

After install I checked the version, it says '1.04' which is what I had before. So, I checked the properties of the 'setup.exe'. Both the 'product version' and 'file version' say '1.05'.

Someone might want to check that the proper file(s) were made available for download due to the version discrepancy. Also, I still have the same problems.

Diver-Sixx: What version of flash is your box running?

C:\WINDOWS\system32\Macromed\Flash

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom