Question on Dry Gloves

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ehuber

Contributor
Reaction score
During the off-season do you disassemble your dry glove system, or do you leave it permanently attached to your drysuit wrist seals?

I had a heckuva time getting them off the wrist seals and was concerned that I might cause damage to the seals if I removed them improperly, but was also concerned that leaving them attached could also hurt the seals over time.

Off season? What off season, if your diving dry with dry gloves you can dive all year round. Thats my .02

Tough crowd... guess I'll have to rephrase the question in the form of a hypothetical. I did think, however, that it was a fair question that deserved an answer.

HYPOTHETICALLY SPEAKING... if you were to take 5-6 months off diving, would you disassemble your dry glove system or would doing so cause more harm than good?

If I took five or six months off diving, I'd make sure before I did that I had reserved a room in the local psychiatric facility. And I'd leave my dry glove rings on.

ehuber:
During the off-season do you disassemble your dry glove system, or do you leave it permanently attached to your drysuit wrist seals?

I had a heckuva time getting them off the wrist seals and was concerned that I might cause damage to the seals if I removed them improperly, but was also concerned that leaving them attached could also hurt the seals over time.

My SI TECH rings remove very easily, so they come off after each day of diving.

I've seen people leave them on and, in one case, they apparently trapped crud that made the latex seals become tacky and weak after several months, quite prematurely.

What kind of gloves are they?

Dave C

I leave mine on year round. They had not been off in 3 years and are only off now to have the 5 year old seals replaced.

HybridDiver:
Off season? What off season, if your diving dry with dry gloves you can dive all year round. Thats my .02

Ditto, why stop diving? Have at her

nope..leave the dryglove rings on ...why fiddle with it...you could risk tearing your seals...and ou could do other things instead of removing your drygloves........you could go diving..:wink:

Back
Top Bottom