What scooters do you own/use

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

karstdvr

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
This is an interesting subforum,and may be a good source to find information about old and new technology,but it would be good to get a baseline of what people got.

Currently I own a Mako and Silent submersion. I've owned a Tekna DV3X. I used Tekna DV100s,Gavin,Predators,Aqua Zepps,and Farallons.

I am about to order an X-Scooter, Have used the DiveRite Arrow, SS and Gavins. The X-Scooter out performed them all by miles, in speed, weight, size, build quality and battery life.

Andrew Georgitsis and Ben McGeever have just done just an outstanding job putting together this little puppy

http://www.dive-xtras.com/

Cheers
Chriso

I got an X-scooter for Christmas, and so far absolutely love it. I don't have much experience here though, it's my first scooter and I've only had the chance to dive with it once -- waiting for it to warm up!

Two old Farallon MK-6.

I just bought a tenka dv3x
any suggestions on what to do or not do with it ? seems to run reall well.
also - i heard people talk about a "scooter ring" exactly what is it and where ?
thx

I own an X, best thing in the world, about to pick up a second X.

bbellman:
I just bought a tenka dv3x
any suggestions on what to do or not do with it ? seems to run reall well.
also - i heard people talk about a "scooter ring" exactly what is it and where ?
thx

I think they are referring to the ring found on a HOG backplate setup. It's the one you clip the scooter tow harness to.

Congrats. on getting a Tekna. I once saw a hot-rodded Tekna is cave country which blew everything out of the water + it created a wake because it was soooo fast!

X

Uhm... a Torpedo 2500... for what I paid for it ($450 with shipping), it's alright I guess. I decided I don't care for the magnetic switch thing, and the hand position is uncomfortable. I think I'll rig up a tow harness for it. Definitely doesn't seem as powerful as my buddy's old Dacor.

I'd love a Silent Submersion but don't want to pay $3500 for one! Maybe I'll decide to get a Mako sometime down the road. I missed out on a great deal on ebay several months ago... I thought it was a scam, but I guess it wasn't... Could have picked a Mako up for $500!

DSC03701_Small_.JPG

I love my X-Scooter

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom