boot which one to buy???

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

4ce

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
hi i am looking to buy some new boots!!!!
but i am looking for some boot with a hard sole....
i live in Quebec Canada.. and i have to dive sometime in cold water... but most of the time i use my drysuit!!!
so for when i use my wetsuit and i have to go to some place that has bad terrain i want to be able to get there witout hurting my ankle or under my foot i was looking at some boots from Mares the trilam one.. henderson ... pinnacle or the bare ice one

so i would like to hear your oppinion on the support and the quality of the one you got please i am sure it will help me in my choice

can we put rock boot with a wetsuit????
will there still be water inside????

you wear a neoprene sock, and then the rockboot on top

I'm cheap. I use Chuck Taylor high top tennis shoes. They cost me $20 on sale at WalMart. I wear polypro hiking socks underneath them. Looks funky, works great. Gets a lot of interesting comments on boats!

Have a look at the SeaSoft Stealth boot. I've got a pair and just love them! They've got a hard sole plus arch support. Comfy as can be! :)

4ce:
thx are they hot for vancouver water temps????
I don't dive local (too cold!), but I did use them for the first time last October in FL and was quite happy in them. The water temps were mid-80s. The Stealths are 5mm but SeaSoft also has a 3mm *shortie* version -- the Sunray.

They may be a bit expensive for some, but compared to most, if not all, of the dive boots I saw when I was shopping around, they're well worth it. (Plus I got mine for $50 CDN. :wink:)

I agree with the stealths...I just brought them in and they really are hands down the most comfortable boot I have tried on....Im not just saying that because I sell them....I sell them because they really are that good and worth the price

Here they are with some other boots....
http://www.diverightinscuba.com/catalog/index.php?cPath=126

Goodluck with your search and let us know what you decide to get :D

is there a way for me to get it for 50$ cdn too???

annasea:
I don't dive local (too cold!), but I did use them for the first time last October in FL and was quite happy in them. The water temps were mid-80s. The Stealths are 5mm but SeaSoft also has a 3mm *shortie* version -- the Sunray.

They may be a bit expensive for some, but compared to most, if not all, of the dive boots I saw when I was shopping around, they're well worth it. (Plus I got mine for $50 CDN. :wink:)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom