Mares Isotherm Tzip- Help

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Algae

Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
I just got a Mares Isotherm Wetsuit (2006). I ordered it via liesure pro so I didn't get to try it on. When I went to try it on, I could get the zipper across the back unzipped. After trying for 15 minutes, my husband gave it a go and neither of us could get it to budge. When you look at it, you don't see a zipper, just a plastic rail but I assume that is some kind of seal.

I feel like an absolute idiot because I can't figure this out (I am a blond but I mastered zippers in pre-school). Has anyone had this problem? Am I defective or is my equipment. I've included a picture of the zipper so perhaps those of you who have it can tell me if this is how it normally looks.

Thanks,

L

Attachments

• Tzip.jpg
    Tzip.jpg
    70 KB · Views: 88
I have this model as well. The zippers are watertight, and in doing so are just plain tight so as to not let any water in. Think really tight.

You need to hold the one end of the zipper you'll be pulling away from to open the zipper and pull hard on the t handle to get the zipper to move. Carefully hold the end you're pulling away from so you don't rip the suit.

Did you ger a tube of zipper lube with your suit? Use it as soon as you get the zipper open the first time. Should have come with instructions as to application of lube.....

Good luck.

Nice suits.

The t-zip is really tight. Make sure you lube the zipper first. Can you work the zipper with the suit off? Lube the zipper and work it back and forth a few times to spread out the lube before trying to put it on.

With the help of my husband we managed to get it open. It to took both of us. I did not get an lube with it so I was going to go out and buy some. After reading some boards on dry suit zippers I got some wax but looking at it, wax will not work. Any recommendations on type of lube and how to apply it since my suit didn't come with instructions. (So much for ordering online). I would appreciate any help!

The t-zip uses a liquid lube. They make a special kind for the t-zip, but I would guess any liquid zipper lube would work. I have only used the specific t-zip lube thoe. I belive the scubapro semi-dry has a t-zip also, so if you go somewhere that has either the isotherm or scubapro semi-dry they shoulp be able to give you what you need. As for how to do it, you just put a bit of it on the edges of the zipper that meet, and then run the slide back and forth a few times to get it all spread out across the mating surface.

Thanks I"m out to hit a few local shops that should sell the isotherm of scubapro. Hopefully I can get it so I can dive tomorrow.

Back
Top Bottom