Undergarments for muscular or bigger men

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

PerroneFord

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
Well, after realizing that I'd need to custom order a suit, I now stand in need of something to wear under it.

In looking at different manufacturers, they all seem to feel that everyone has thin thighs and a small butt. Years of weightlifting and a few years of "good living" leave me with a different shape than that....

So, is anyone aware of decent undergarments that have a more "full" cut? Especially in the thighs and buttocks area? Or am I going to be calling up DUI for a custom undergarment? Why must they charge $500 for 200g and $650 for 400g suits? At this rate, I wont get in the water without Powerball!

-P

Perrone,
go to ebay and do a search for this seller name
s.gif
rondel101bjrr
here: http://sporting-goods.search.ebay.com/undergarment_Dry-Suits_W0QQfrisZ2QQfromZR8QQsacatZ73994

I have several and they fit pretty good. I'm 5'11", 42" waist, larger hips and large thighs and the size XL fits pretty good on me. I don't have a tape measure to let you know how big my thighs are but I HAVE to wear "baggy" or "loose" cut jeans or they don't fit. Oh, the waist will fit in everything but my legs will not go all the way in!

The price is great with his undies too. I only do recreational diving so I don't know how they hold up in a flood with a manitory deco obligation. But for the price, you could get one of the suits and try it out. If you get one from him let him know I sent ya.!

Jeremy

I understand your problem...the standard undergarment that comes with the DR 905 should fit you as it is a loose fit and warm...as a option you could try one of the $75 Tilos undergarments from www.divesports.com but be warned that you may have to go up a couple of sizes over your regular size to get the legs to fit and it will be tight. Also there is a lady on Ebay and I think Decostop if you make a search that makes customs for a reasonable price.

I tried on the Dive Rite now that you mention it, and it did fit pretty well. That may be a solid option. I'll check this ebay deal out.

PerroneFord:
Well, after realizing that I'd need to custom order a suit, I now stand in need of something to wear under it.

In looking at different manufacturers, they all seem to feel that everyone has thin thighs and a small butt. Years of weightlifting and a few years of "good living" leave me with a different shape than that....

So, is anyone aware of decent undergarments that have a more "full" cut? Especially in the thighs and buttocks area? Or am I going to be calling up DUI for a custom undergarment? Why must they charge $500 for 200g and $650 for 400g suits? At this rate, I wont get in the water without Powerball!

-P

Weezle seems to have a generous cut. I'm not "cave cut" and the Weezle fits me with room to spare.

http://www.weezle.co.uk/products/undersuits.htm

Have you thought of layering Polartec outdoorwear garments such those as available from Cabela's? For temps above 40 degrees, they work well for me.

http://tinyurl.com/2xnqra

They'll save you some money, cover a wider range of temps and be useful for outdoor activities.

Dave C

I feel your pain!!!! I'm 5'6 180lbs and have big thighs and small wast. Trying to find a wet suit that fits is a pain. I body build and cant get into most suits. Ive try many and only opt is to have one custom fit to me. Nice price tag........

I work for a Weezle dealer. The owner had a Large Long that I tried on. Itwas insanely tight around the thighs and but, and we are going to get in a larger size or two for me to try. The problem of course, is as you go larger, everyone seems to think that you are 6'4"!

I guess my next battle will be seeing if I can order the 2X or 3X and finding a way to reduce the inseam on a suit. How hard are they to sew?

PerroneFord:
I work for a Weezle dealer. The owner had a Large Long that I tried on. Itwas insanely tight around the thighs and but, and we are going to get in a larger size or two for me to try. The problem of course, is as you go larger, everyone seems to think that you are 6'4"!

I guess my next battle will be seeing if I can order the 2X or 3X and finding a way to reduce the inseam on a suit. How hard are they to sew?

I'm looking at mine right now.

Assuming you simply want to shorten the inseam, not the torso, it looks like a straight stitch across the bottom of the leg, reapplying the elastic hem. Very easy, I think.

Dave C

Yea, the inseam is where I think the issue will be. Maybe that's the route I'll go if I don't go with the Dive Rite.

PerroneFord:
Yea, the inseam is where I think the issue will be. Maybe that's the route I'll go if I don't go with the Dive Rite.

Good luck.

You probably already have this, but here's the Weezle sizing chart. It might give you some idea how much excess torso you might have to fold over.

http://www.weezle.co.uk/supporting_docs/brochure_sizes_us.doc

I fold over about 4 inches of the torso at the waist, which is no problem, since the material is so compressible.

Dave C

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom