Best North East Wrecks

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

AquaTec

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
So if you were going to do some diving on the Andria Doria and you had some extra time to spend diving, what wrecks would you dive and why.

I am looking at spending a little time there on my way to Scapa Flow in the spring

AquaTec once bubbled...
So if you were going to do some diving on the Andria Doria and you had some extra time to spend diving, what wrecks would you dive and why.

What range are you looking for? What area are we talking? New England based or Long Island based?

Lets see - For LI Wrecks. I love the Sand Diego, the Oregon, Stolt Diegali (sp?), The Resor, Any wreck off block Island.

Eric

well the plan is to dive the Andria Doria from the Seeker.

after that I would like to dive some of the other good wreck in that area.

as for how far i would be willing to travel....well i am traveling 3000 mile to get there so it wouldn't matter as long as the wrecks are worth it

AquaTec once bubbled...
well the plan is to dive the Andria Doria from the Seeker.

I heard, from a generally good source, that Seeker would not go the Doria this season or ever again. Personally I hope the info is wrong.

Tom

why is that. I just recieved an email from them saying they had not set their schedule but would do so by december and let me know about their trip to the doria

AquaTec once bubbled...
why is that. I just recieved an email from them saying they had not set their schedule but would do so by december and let me know about their trip to the doria

OK, if you recently heard different then I guess my info was wrong. That's good news.

NJ Wreck Finder once bubbled...
Tom,

I have not heard this, is there a reason?

I wasn't given a reason, just was told that it was so. Looks like its wrong which is good as I haven't done my Doria trip yet.

Tom

Most of the boats do their spring maintenance in april. The Seeker and other boats don't usually do the Doria till june/july because of the conditions.

Back
Top Bottom