http://www.diveheart.org/

St. Baldricks & Leukemia

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Soggy

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Hey all, I apologize in advance for the spam, but I wanted to pass this on.

My close friend's 4 year old son (and ring bearer at my wedding), Krystof, has recently been diagnosed with Acute Lymphoblastic Leukemia (ALL) and is currently undergoing treatment in a hospital in Rochester, NY. His father has found an organization aptly called St. Baldrick's that raise money for Leukemia research by having head shaving parties.

If you are interested in learning more about the organization or are feeling generous and want to donate, you can read more about it here:
http://www.stbaldricks.org/participants/shavee_info.html?ShaveeID=8213

If you're interested, you can follow his progress on his blog at Krystof's Kommunity. His prognosis is good and the treatments are going well. Both Krystof and his parents are in good spirits. When I spoke with his father this morning, I could hear Krystof rattling on in the background as usual.

Thanks for your time and I apologize again for the spamminess.

Aaron

Don't apologize for spamminess. We are free to click on the message or not, its not like you are bombarding our email.

Cancer is insidious and even more so in kids. Bless you for bringing this cause to our attention.

A dive buddy of mine is a shavee and I am very pleased to help out where I can.

One of the fireman i work with put on a ST Baldricks event last weekend. He raised 7000$ that day. There are 20 bald as a cue ball fireman now. It is a good cause please help out if you can.

Back
Top Bottom