Diving off Kodiak Island?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

anarekey2000

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Hi all, I plan on being in Kodiak in either July or August and would like to do some diving. I have an AOW cert and about 50 dives but no tech experience so the Aleutian is probably out. Is there anything else to dive up there? Anyone know any good shops? I have a dry suit c-card and some north Atlantic dives; does everyone dive dry up there and can I rent a drysuit? Sorry about all the questions. Thanks.
Mark

As far as I know, Kodiak does not have a dive shop. To find out for sure, contact Loic at Last Frontier Diving in Anchorage at 907-222-6706 or off the webpage http://www.lastfrontierdiving.com/ I know he has done some diving down on Kodiak and could be a good source to talk to for local knowledge.

Check the thread for info about diving out in Unalaska out in the Aleutians. I just found out from reading it that there is a group that dives out there, which was news to me. I might try to get out there soon myself.

Most everyone up here dives dry. There are several shops in Anchorage and others around the state that rent equipment.

Hope you find what you are looking for. This is a great place for everything including the diving.

I've got a buddy up there who just got certified but it's one of thouse out of the garage type shops. Sorry don't have more info but I'll see if I can find something out.

I'm transferring to Kodiak this summer, and am optimistically lugging my scuba stuff up there.

Mudhiker:
I'm transferring to Kodiak this summer, and am optimistically lugging my scuba stuff up there.
You might ask the RS's at the AIRSTA about what diving there is - they ought to know if anyone. Enjoy your tour.

Back
Top Bottom