Virgin sharks

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hi, Scubaroo!

There are many hermaphroditic fish species: wrasses, clownfish, angelfish, groupers, parrotfish, inter alia. However, to date, sharks are not known to show that trait. My guess is that the shark in question had been impregnated before captivity. But, who knows, maybe this is a phenomenon that requires isolation for it to occur?

Most interesting, Watson!

Scorpionfish

Apparently the shark has been seperate from male sharks for 6 years. My first thoughts were of the Simpsons episode where Troy McClure marries Selma.... and his weird romantic abnormality is exposed :eek:ut:

Scubaroo once bubbled...
. My first thoughts were of the Simpsons episode where Troy McClure marries Selma.... and his weird romantic abnormality is exposed :eek:ut:

That was a great episode.

If that secret would have been revealed, Troy would not have been cast in "Planet of the Apes: The Musical".

Too bad Hartman died.

Great quote/lyric:

"I hate every ape I see, from Chimpan - A to Chimpan - Z."

"Dr. Zaius, Dr. Zaius....Oh, Dr. Zaius" - Sung to the tune of "Rock me Amadeus"

Scubaroo once bubbled...
Check these articles out!

http://www.openhere.com/current/1110549167.stm

I cannot remember who first said the following, but it may have been, appropriately, William Randolph Hearst:

"Believe only half of what you see and nothing that you read!" Just ask the Enron investors!

I wonder if there were other species of sharks in the tank? The genetic tests will be interesting, too!

Thanks, again, for the interesting material!

Scorpionfish

Hmmm
Interesting!!:confused:
Puzzling!
Maybe she was wanting to be a mother so bad that she just "made" it happen!

Sounds like some male shark is trying to get out of sharkette support payments. One of those dead beat shark dads.:D :D :D :D

maybe a male shark was slipping into the tank through the window after the last people left to spend the night :sorry:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom